What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its been a few months... why no Official Facebook App for iPad?

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hard to believe there isnt a official FB app for iPad yet. Anyone venture to guess why the delay?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Because there's no need. Just use the regular website to do all your Facebooking. The website has all the functionality as if on your desktop/laptop. You just can't install any of those add-ons...which you wouldn't be able to do with an iPad app anyway.

Aggron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because there's no need. Just use the regular website to do all your Facebooking. The website has all the functionality as if on your desktop/laptop. You just can't install any of those add-ons...which you wouldn't be able to do with an iPad app anyway.

That's what I've been doing the whole time. It works exactly the same, the only thing it doesn't have is that chatting thingy.

OP
kilofox

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thats not entirely true... Full FB, Mobile FB, and Touch FB Websites dont allow you to upload photos via iPad's Safari browser. (Flash is needed for facebook.com to upload photos)

However the iPhone Facebook app does allow you to upload photos from the iPad (no flash needed).

I realize I could use the iPhone app to just upload photos... but it would be nice to have a one-stop-facebooking app.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually that's not entirely true. I cannot post a status update nor post on someone's wall (I can however comment) on the webpage in the browser. For some reason it clicks but doesn't bring up the keyboard.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...vents-me-updating-my-status-facebook-com.html

OP
kilofox

kilofox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually that's not entirely true. I cannot post a status update nor post on someone's wall (I can however comment) on the webpage in the browser. For some reason it clicks but doesn't bring up the keyboard.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...vents-me-updating-my-status-facebook-com.html

I just updated my status using the full Web site. Clicked on "What's on your mind?", keyboard came up and my test posted correctly. Same deal with posting on a wall.... no issues.

xxtypeoxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using the app called ....Friendly Facebook app.

It works great and actually a lot better than the one on my iphone. It was not free but well worth the couple of bucks I spent on it. I tried using the browser and it sucked but now with the friendly app I am a happy facebook user again.

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, go in the market and search for friendly - facebook browser or something along those lines. It's a great way to access facebook on the iPad, however there are some kinks that need to be worked out.

vrajdeber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Friendly-Facebook, that's what I use. It's good, but I need multitasking to stay online while browsing something else.

Do the iPad have multitasking already? Mine is not jailbroken and I'm on version 3.2.2

Most reactions

Latest posts