What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your ipad 2 Jailbroken?

Plainsman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad2 for all of 9 days so certainly don't qualify to have opinions on the techier side of things. But from what I have read so far there can be many really troublesome problems with jb'ing an iPad— like failure to able to contact the store, loss of icons and apps, etc. I really love the idea of easier file transfers but the prospects of disasters have discouraged me.

Bertdogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick question. I have 4.3.3 installed already. Do I have to completely wipe my iPad2 BEFORE I head over to jailbreakme.com or can I leave my apps, music, etc. on my IPad2 and jailbreak it in it's current state?

Thanks guys and gals!

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yessirebob, I went ahead and JB-ed my iPad2 (4.3.3) today. No mishaps what-so-ever! Even so, I now read about comex' security patch... Where do one find this? And is it really necessary to install?

//Stefan

BornAfflicted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was still up at 11:45pm (PDT) when Comex posted to try it again. So I tried it and got on the first try. I pressed the install button and it took around 10 seconds to install. BAM! that was it, It was a beautiful thing.

keyblade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't get it to work. Says the jailbreak files can't be downloaded, invalid checksum. What's my problem?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The server(s) are being hammered. Just wait a bit and try back.

LOTS of people are going after this jailbreak. I saw a twitter by c0mex that said that page had 1 million + hits, with 500K+ jailbreaks.

Yeah, they're getting hammered!

Marilyn

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chalkyianwhite3 said:
What a the benefits of jailbraking my iPad?
Check link in meh sig...

Bertdogg said:
Just a quick question. I have 4.3.3 installed already. Do I have to completely wipe my iPad2 BEFORE I head over to jailbreakme.com or can I leave my apps, music, etc. on my IPad2 and jailbreak it in it's current state?

Thanks guys and gals!
No...don't have to wipe....just do a quick sync to backup current apps , just in case.

Coffeeboy said:
Yessirebob, I went ahead and JB-ed my iPad2 (4.3.3) today. No mishaps what-so-ever! Even so, I now read about comex' security patch... Where do one find this? And is it really necessary to install?

//Stefan
Look for PDF patcher2 in cydia....it does close the security hole.

Plwebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first-ever time to JB. It finished fast and now I have to kinda feel my way around. Noooo idea what I'm doing :D

donavonjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Join the club! I play with mine at times ~ I have a thread here somewhere for when I get the urge.:D

I dont mean to be juvenile but this made me giggle

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went in the hospital last night late. When I got out and home early this evening one of the first things I did was check jailbreakme.com and freed my phone from the controlling grip of Apple.

What time exactly was the jailbreak available?

Most reactions

Latest posts