What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this really possible in ipad ?

last_ride

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 unjailbroken

I recently read the features of iFiles.. With iFiles, will I be able to paste word or excel files from my PC to my ipad and later view/edit them in my iPad

Also I now have ios5.0 ... Now that 5.1 is out, is there any way I can upgrade it to 5.0.1 so that I'll be able to jailbreak my device.....

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 unjailbroken

I recently read the features of iFiles.. With iFiles, will I be able to paste word or excel files from my PC to my ipad and later view/edit them in my iPad

Also I now have ios5.0 ... Now that 5.1 is out, is there any way I can upgrade it to 5.0.1 so that I'll be able to jailbreak my device.....

Yes on the iFiles question (if you mean the app you buy from the App Store). The app has the capability to "broadcast" (for lack of a better word) the IP address which you can pick up with your computer's web browser, as long as you are on the same WiDi network. So, you can upload files to it. In addition, the app supports the "Open In..." function, so if the file can't be viewed in iFiles (or viewed well or edited), you can always elect to open it in another app that can read/edit the file.

You can also map the iFiles app as a network on you computer (using the same IP address). Then, with iFiles running on the iPad, it is a simple drag 'n' drop - versus having to browse and then upload if using the web browser interface.

Unfortunately, that's the good part of this answer. The bad part is that you cannot upgrade that iPad2 to iOS 5.0.1. Now that Apple has stopped signing that firmware version, your only option is to upgrade to 5.1 - which does not have a jailbreak ... yet. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
L

last_ride

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes on the iFiles question (if you mean the app you buy from the App Store). The app has the capability to "broadcast" (for lack of a better word) the IP address which you can pick up with your computer's web browser, as long as you are on the same WiDi network. So, you can upload files to it. In addition, the app supports the "Open In..." function, so if the file can't be viewed in iFiles (or viewed well or edited), you can always elect to open it in another app that can read/edit the file.
You can also map the iFiles app as a network on you computer (using the same IP address). Then, with iFiles running on the iPad, it is a simple drag 'n' drop - versus having to browse and then upload if using the web browser interface.

Marilyn

Could not understand the first part mate ... So now if I have transfered a Word file from my PC to my iPad, will I be able to view the word file offline even after turning off the Wifi connection

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. If you have used iDiles to move that word document to your iPad, it is there. So, you can turn off WiFi and still be able to open the Word file on the iPad.

Just know that, WiFi on or not, if you make any changes to the document on the iPad (or the computer, for that matter), the changes will not automatically sync.

Marilyn

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe there is some program that allows you to downgrade you iOS,I think it's something by redsn0w but I'm not sure

Most reactions

Latest posts