What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this possible??

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I access my ipads file system through my iPhone and vice versa?? say I got data from appbackup on my iPad, and I want it on my iPhone, is there a way to transfer the data without a pc?? My iPad can pretty do what my laptop can now! I can download any file using safari downloader, access it using ifile, hell I can even download torrents! (legal ones).

Last edited:

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak + iFile will let you access the file systems and transfer files between devices without a PC.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreak + iFile will let you access the file systems and transfer files between devices without a PC.

thanks dave, I realised that ifile can send over bluetooth, I sent a 130mb file from my iphone to my ipad!

that was fun! :eek:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
get Air Sharing and put it on both devices...it will let you access each other...I can get into my gfs iPad if she has it running on hers and I open mine. And it's over WiFi so no BT bottleneck!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe Air Sharing will let you access the file system of a device though will it? I doubt Apple would approve such a thing.

iFile will also allow WiFi transfers if you prefer. I never thought about trying Bluetooth though, sounds interesting.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@digikid, it didn't say, but it took 15 mins!
@gentlefury, how do you do that??
@davest, how do you do it over wifi??

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I transferred files between devices, I used the web server functionality which I am assuming was done over WiFi. I guess I can't say for sure, but I almost never have bluetooth turned on. I honestly didn't know you could do a direct file transfer cia bluetooth. iFile has a ton of functionality, but finding out what those functions are can be a challenge at times.

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I access my ipads file system through my iPhone and vice versa?? say I got data from appbackup on my iPad, and I want it on my iPhone, is there a way to transfer the data without a pc?? My iPad can pretty do what my laptop can now! I can download any file using safari downloader, access it using ifile, hell I can even download torrents! (legal ones).

What do you do with torrents on the iPad? If they are downloaded where are they downloaded to? Can you then email the torrent? How? How does the iPad know if the torrent is legal?

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the torrents thread is here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/3697-torrents-ipad.html

the ipad doesn't know if the torrents are legal or not, the user does.

@DaveSt, yeah I used that ifile web server, took me a bit of time working out how it works. the only thing I was able to do was to download a file using safari downloader, so without this i'm not sure how it would work, I guess you'd have to use a computer.

on a side note that safari downloader is bloody brilliant!

Most reactions

Latest posts