What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a Jailbreak or IOS 8.1 Issue?

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm (iPad 4) Jailbreak on 8.1 with the latest Pangu. Every once in a while the iPad crashes, such as a darker non-responsive (slide to unlock does not work) screen. I then hard reset. When the iPad comes up, I am still on my WIFI, but without bars. I then check and I have a 169 (private) IP. I then "forget" the network. Because my SSID is hidden, I shouldn't even see it, but the iPad does. I then re-join the network by putting the password in.

This has now happened 3 or 4 times since my jailbreak.

Is this a Jailbreak or IOS 8.1 Issue?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is an outstanding wifi issue on iOS 8.1 and will be patched on 8.1.1. The patch developers will most likely push an independent package to resolve the wifi issue as 8.1.1 cannot be jailbroken. If you can connect to your wifi, then just temporarily ignore the fact that the icon isn't accurate as it's just the icon that's having issues, not the connectivity.

As for the slide to unlock, do you mean that after rebooting or respringing? There's a latency for some devices after a reboot or respring where you have to give it a few seconds before the slide to unlock actually recognizes your swipe.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Regarding the WIFI connectivity issues:

The icon is correct, as when I have no bars, I also have no internet and the iPad did nto pick up a DHCP reservation from my router.

Regarding the slide to unlock issue, this is not after a reboot or respring, this is what causes me to reboot because I can't do anything. Then, after the reboot, I lose my WIFI.

Most reactions

Latest posts