What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is there any truth to this rumor about iphone and verizon

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i been hearing about verizon and apple iphones ..i been wondering for my contract ends here in april and i heard that you can take your phone to the verizon wireless and use it with there service is a lot better i heard and the 4g service they are offering is fast than the other service i had ..

so is truth or it a bs statement ..

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no way to know for sure. I wouldn't make any plans to buy a Verizon iPhone until you hear directly from Apple that they will be available.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a real good chance of this happening, but no one except Apple knows for sure. This rumor has been circulating for years, since the iPhone first came out. The thing that leads me to believe it will happen is Apple has opened up the iPhone to multiple carriers worldwide over the past year.

My guess is we'll know something by June/July.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad VS Iphone 4.0

There is a real good chance of this happening, but no one except Apple knows for sure. This rumor has been circulating for years, since the iPhone first came out. The thing that leads me to believe it will happen is Apple has opened up the iPhone to multiple carriers worldwide over the past year.

My guess is we'll know something by June/July.

Dan, maybe it will be with the iPhone 4G .... i am pretty sure (based on internal talking in Foxcoon) he will come out this spring/summer

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i like the iphone but hate the servicd with at&t and iam looking a google nexus one or another smart phone for i am really getting tired of the cappy service from at&t when in some of the larger towns and small rural areas..

i have droped calls and turn by turn driveing directions just go away a couple of times in diff parts of l.a. area when trying to find someplace i need to find ..for the direction gps system just drop the ball on and then i get out the area and i picks it right up ..

my lady friend has verizon and she has never had a drop gps driveing turns with her phone ..for we both used the phones gps feature to get to place up in the hills to go to eat at and my phone through one area took a dump in the one area and when got about three miles down the road it came back to the gps driveing directions ..i also happened in northern Ca area a couple of times on calls out in that area..along with beening over in northern Az area where my cabin is at and i get into one area there and it no service at all intill i come back to a area close to the town and i get service ..at time it is nice feature when i want down time and nobody to track me down and bother me with work things,,;)

here lately it been droping calls and no cell service in some area in where i travel to and from some of the areas of L.a. area this has happen to me over tryin to make a call and i will get no service or there is to many people in the area useing the same feature iam useing that has to me a couple of times.. ..my phone is two year old now and i really starting to think about replaceing with a new iphone or a google nexus one smart phone that you can buy unlocked and go over to verizon phone service and they put there card into it with a one year contract ..

i use the phone a lot for turn by turn driveing directions around the big citys and the out to smaller rural place where i have to go sometime for work and it make it a lot easlyer than trying to map out the drive to the place and make it just easly for me ..

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well they have 1 year to get it on vzw, if I can go from my droid to an iphone I will be happy!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if it's true then it can't be too long before it's on sprint. A man can dream. Ok, back to obsessing on "late April".

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there is a video showing the new model iphone that apple is bringing out for the verizon cell phone company ..so i guess mid summer time frame for a new phone

ryan8813

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't think you'll see an iPhone on Verizon until 2011. That's my vibe reading all the news... but I could be wrong. Thing is that nobody really knows.

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After trying the Blackberry Storm 2 for 4 months now, I truly miss my Iphone. I gave it to my wife, but I still find myself using for texting and searching for locations becuase it is a better device. If Apple releases the iphone for Verizonwireless, I will get another. My contract with the Blackberry is only for a year so hopefully the decision will be sooner than later.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Storm is garbage....if you want something to help you thru the time we wait for the iPhone on Verizon, get a droid...it really is a great phone.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would say there is a 65% chance that Apple eventually branches out with the iPhone. They'd be dumb not too.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say there is a 65% chance that Apple eventually branches out with the iPhone. They'd be dumb not too.

It's actually 100% either by choice or not.

Next year AT&T and Verizon will be using LTE...meaning if Apple for some reason retains exclusive rights you will just have to unlock it and put it on VZW like what was done with T-Mobile when the iPhone first came out.

I don't think Apple is that dumb tho. They will eventually break exclusivity....I know AT&T gives them a LOT out of contracts, but that can't last forever!

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i been hearing about verizon and apple iphones ..i been wondering for my contract ends here in april and i heard that you can take your phone to the verizon wireless and use it with there service is a lot better i heard and the 4g service they are offering is fast than the other service i had ..

so is truth or it a bs statement ..
Rumors that apple is making CDMA iPhone. Remember that could also be for sprint. Which is going to roll out 4g in more states in June.

Most reactions

Latest posts