What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a square root symbol for ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically got the iPad for note taking and other things. I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me where to find the square root symbol for my math note taking.....I know of the #+= section on the keyboard but it's not there. I've even held down most buttons for a pop up of other symbols but to no avail.
Thanks

OP
S

Sight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried copying that symbol, I have...impossible. Unless I copy the text you put with it. Can't do it alone.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to copy and paste it to google search no problem, just drag your copy buttons until only the symbol is selected.

OP
S

Sight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.....it's still a hinder without the actual button. Even looked up apps for math notes.....nothing for keeping notes just things premade

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try SundryNotes. It has mathematical and scientific symbols and you can add pictures.
There is a free and a paying version.
Did I mention arrow keys? It has 'em...:)

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try SundryNotes. It has mathematical and scientific symbols and you can add pictures.
There is a free and a paying version.
Did I mention arrow keys? It has 'em...:)

You beat me.

Sundry notes is really powerful.
It has a bit of a learning curve, but lots of flexible features.

You can even record and put the sound recording right there in the middle of your note.

agencius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically got the iPad for note taking and other things. I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me where to find the square root symbol for my math note taking.....I know of the #+= section on the keyboard but it's not there. I've even held down most buttons for a pop up of other symbols but to no avail.
Thanks

Cymbolâ„¢ for iPad just type in 221A select, convert hex to unicode, copy then paste. √ x² and note, there are quick access superscripts that works with iAWriter, Pages, Numbers, etc.

solution101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a solution. I realize this is an ancient thread, but hopefully it'll help others that stumble upon this.

Copy this radical sign √

If you're having difficulty, search for one on google and copy one off another page.

Now go to settings - general - keyboard. At the bottom is an option to add a shortcut. Paste the radical symbol into the "phrase" section. And put whatever you like in the "shortcut" section. For instance, I put ^^ in under shortcut. Now when i type ^^ on my phone/Ipad it auto corrects to the radical. You could use this method for other math symbols as well.

Last edited:

Will Gavin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you can go to emojis and use a tick symbol✔️ - not exactly a square root symbol and looks a little clumsy, but pretty clear and quick to do.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is 9 years old, and the OP hasn’t visited this forum since 2011. He certainly has found a solution in the meantime, or this issue isn’t relevant any more.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions