What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Do The Differen App Symbols Mean?

celinedion1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I just recently got my ipad and have downloaded a few apps. I know that the x symbol is to delete an app. However what does a number in upper right hand corner of the app mean? It's really odd, I downloaded a free calculator for my ipad and now theres a little number in the uper right corner of the app. I have no idea what it means and none of my other apps have anything like it. So does anyone know of any other symbold besides the little x to delete apps? I've tried searching the internet but I dont know what to call it lol. Anyways thank you for the help.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are notifications to let you know that there's something about the app to check out. Like in my iPad where there are updates available for some of my apps as a result it shows a number of the number of updates on the AppStore icon. Some notifications are very annoying so I recommend you to turn off some of them in the settings menu. Sorry if the example images are sideways.
Edit: sorry about those image qualities as well.

Attachments

• image-3905573622.jpg
    image-3905573622.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 664
  • image-3413038482.jpg
    image-3413038482.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 665

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are notifications to let you know that there's something about the app to check out. Like in my iPad where there are updates available for some of my apps as a result it shows a number of the number of updates on the AppStore icon. Some notifications are very annoying so I recommend you to turn off some of them in the settings menu. Sorry if the example images are sideways.
Edit: sorry about those image qualities as well.

Thanks, biobunny, I missed this post when I replied to the other one!

Tim
Scotland

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The number on your mail icon let's you know how many emails you have waiting for instance. If you double tap the home button then hold your finger on an icon till it shakes a minus sign will appear, hitting that will close the app freeing up memory, handy if you have a lot of apps open.

Most reactions

Latest posts