What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it safe to jailbreak?

iheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if I should jail break. is it safe? Can I make the iPad run slow? Just need to know . It's an iPad2.

iPad madness!!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of my fellow moderators, f4780y, has put together this sticky that explains about jailbreaking: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

Plus, may I recommend you grab a snack and a beverage of your choice and head over the Hacking section of this forum. There are a whole bunch of stickies, tutorials and member's posts that talk about everything concerning jailbreaking.

And, to facilitate answers to your questions, I've taken the liberty of moving this post to the Hacking section so that the experienced jail breakers can chime in.

Oh, and from my personal view: Jailbreaking is perfectly safe and your iPad2 won't run slow (unless you put eleventy-million system tweaks on it ... that's gonna bog it down no matter what!). In fact, if you jail break it and don't install any tweaks, the only way you'll know its jail broken, performance-wise, is that you'll see the Cydia icon (the jail breakers "app store"). So, that's my view - YMMV.

Good luck in your decision and good luck.

Marilyn

OP
I

iheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
One of my fellow moderators, f4780y, has put together this sticky that explains about jailbreaking: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

Plus, may I recommend you grab a snack and a beverage of your choice and head over the Hacking section of this forum. There are a whole bunch of stickies, tutorials and member's posts that talk about everything concerning jailbreaking.

And, to facilitate answers to your questions, I've taken the liberty of moving this post to the Hacking section so that the experienced jail breakers can chime in.

Oh, and from my personal view: Jailbreaking is perfectly safe and your iPad2 won't run slow (unless you put eleventy-million system tweaks on it ... that's gonna bog it down no matter what!). In fact, if you jail break it and don't install any tweaks, the only way you'll know its jail broken, performance-wise, is that you'll see the Cydia icon (the jail breakers "app store"). So, that's my view - YMMV.

Good luck in your decision and good luck.

Marilyn

Yeah… im not going to jailbreak untill i am 100% !

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is safe to jailbreak, if it wasn't no one would do it. People run into problems when they load tweaks that are for certain firmwares that their device does not have (ie your ipad is on 5.0.1 but the tweak is for 4.x.x) or they load a tweak that is intended for the iphone only on their ipad.

Most reactions