What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to back up one iPad app + its downloadable content? or a complete iPad?

mickael28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got an iPad 3 with firmware 9.3.5 and I just got a free app and then I spent around 3 hours going through its downloadable content and purchasing what I was interested in.

Is there a way to now backup this file plus all the downloadable content that I just received? as I won't like to spend another 3h in the future if I restore my iPad.

If it's possible, do you guys know what I should do to achieve it?

And is there a way to backup my current iPad (complete) to an external location? I used the BackUp now setting on iTunes and I don't know what it has been actually backed up because when I go to the following location on my Windows 10 PC, I just see a folder of 30MB:
C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

when my iPad has around 1.5GB of content? so I wanted to get a backup of the complete 1.5GB, is that possible?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The App Store keeps a full record of all apps you have purchased and downloaded. This includes any in app purchases, which can be restored for free at any time. A backup of your iPad will contain all the app data that was present in the app at the time the backup was created. Restoring from this backup will leave your app just as it was before the backup. When you backup to iTunes on your computer, the backup is complete but individual items in the backup are not separately accessible.

OP
M

mickael28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see, thanks.

Not sure how they manage my backups then, as I cannot see the size in my iPad correspond to what I can see on my Windows PC for that backup, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place... I wanted to backup that backup to an external device, just in case. But I guess I'll have to leave it as is... Not quite straight forward to know what they are doing. I prefer when users know more about what's happening so that we can then organize our date in our best way...

Most reactions

Latest posts