What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad backup

sisyfos12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I copy this folder to another drive, can I use it in case to want restore my ipad in a clean install of itunes? \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

I ask in case my pc crashes and I must format pc and install a clean win7 installation and in case my ipad needs restore!!!

If I will copy this folder in the new installation itunes will be ok and restore my ipad?

It’s a very extreme, but I want to have my ipad backup in another location in any case..

Sorry for my English.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You need to back up that file, and your entire iTunes library. The backup file does not save your media and apps. It only saves settings and folder contents (like documents in Pages)

Somewhere buried in Apple's support site there is a list of what backup saves, and where it saves it for each OS. I don't have time to look for it again tonight.

Most reactions

Latest posts