What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is A 7-inch iPad Really on the Way Before Christmas?

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually just thinking about this and what would be the likely price-points of 7" & 5.6" iPads. I'd guess a 7" would need to be around $350 - maybe $299 - just to separate it from the iPad proper, so I wonder if a 5.6" iPad could be costed as low as $199? Can you imagine how many sleepless nights that would give manufacturers dedicated e-ink readers - even Amazon?

Let's see, a $189 Kindle 3 with 3G, or a similar-sized iPad for just 10 bucks more; tough call...

Pete

Smithy12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I honestly can't see a smaller iPad soon after all why would Apple invest in a lot of $$$ on the new iPod touch which will be with us next month then launch a smaller iPad which would have a huge impact on touch sales ......

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any 5.6 and 7 inch Ipads would have to be priced relative to the current 9.7 pad. So my question is, where does the Ipod touch fit into the equation here? If a 5.6 pad costs, say, 250-300 dollars, wouldn't that make getting a 32-64 gb Touch somewhat pointless, as they're in that same $$$ range? Curious to see how this all works out....

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any 5.6 and 7 inch Ipads would have to be priced relative to the current 9.7 pad. So my question is, where does the Ipod touch fit into the equation here? If a 5.6 pad costs, say, 250-300 dollars, wouldn't that make getting a 32-64 gb Touch somewhat pointless, as they're in that same $$$ range? Curious to see how this all works out....

I'm guessing it will be phased out.

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm guessing it will be phased out.

Which to me would be unfortunate. The current touch is perfect for in-your-pocket portability. I'm not sure I see the point of a 7inch Pad. It's not really any more portable than the current one, I figured if you're buying a tablet in that size range, you're doing so not for portability, but for the advantages of the bigger screen. Neither the current pad or a hypothetical 7" pad fits in your pocket, so I don't know where they're going with this one(shrugs).....

Most reactions