What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4G / iPhone HD

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone plan on upgrading to the next iPhone? Rumors suggest it could hit the streets next month.

AngelSpeedfreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on price, yes. I did not upgrade from my 3G up to the 3GS because I didn't see enough reason. The 4g might just be faster and that is a good reason. I don't think I would spend $500+ though.

GrendelPrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first gen iPhone has lost the ability to connect to WiFi, so I'll be looking at the next iPhone when it comes out.
Due to another round of pay-cuts at work, I doubt I'll pick one up at launch, but I'll be following related stories in the meantime.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep. I'm there. I'm overdue for a free upgrade. Girlfriend gets the 3GS, I suppose.

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be in from day one in Singapore (unlock Factory)

Attachments

• Screen-shot-2010-05-21-at-12.48.29-PM-2.jpg
    Screen-shot-2010-05-21-at-12.48.29-PM-2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 280

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also want to go on the record by predicting that it won't be called "iPhone 4G" and won't support 4G anyway.

From what we're hearing about the high resolution screen, I think "iPhone HD" is the best bet.

Front facing camera, high resolution display with IPS, new body, etc. - hot hot hot!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll upgrade if there is a Verizon model available. Tired of crappy AT&T service.

Yes, that's the reason I just got rid of my iPhone 3G the other day, got it day one of release here in Japan, and I loved the phone, but much like AT&T in the US, Softbank service here is terrible, randomly dropped calls, slow 3G speed, spotty reception in major areas, etc, etc. If another carrier had the iPhone 4G or whatever it's going to be called, I would consider it.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I won't switch from Verizon. I appreciate the iDevices, and I would really love an iPhone to go with my iPad...however, I won't switch to crappy ATT just to get an iPhone. Hell, ATT doesn't even have 3G within 1.5 hrs of where I live. If you live outside of a major city, ATT is junk.

Instead, it looks like I will have to settle for an HTC Incredible...and don't get me wrong, the HTC DI looks super great...played with it in the store, feels great, the on screen keyboard that HTC has rivals the iPhone's.

I am not pulling the trigger on the HTC though until it is rooted with WiFi tether. I use my Moto Droid to WiFi tether for my iPad and get download speeds of 30+mb/s. Can't be without that. So hopefully a miracle will happen and by the time they root the DI, they will announce that the iPhone may come to Verizon.

It's been back and forth with supposed proof in either direction but no one really knows for sure. Should be announcing the new phone in June and we should know for sure by then.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have the Moto Droid also, but will probably switching from Verizon to AT&T in August and getting the new iPhone. AT&T service is good in my area and when I go to my girlfriend's grandma's house my phone doesn't get signal half the way there. And my girlfriend's iPhone gets service the whole time and full service when I only have 2 bars in some parts. My phone bill will also be 35 dollars cheaper with AT&T since everyone I talk to has AT&T and I won't need my big minute plan I have now.

Alcoholicaust

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm probably switching to an Evo. The price hike on the ETF fees on At&t smart phones is the straw that broke the camels back for me.

The Evo looks like a winner, and Sprint's rates are better than At&t's, and the Sprint service where I am is great. I'm on the outskirts of WiMax so hopefully when they expand that service I'll be in the blue.

Plus that mobile hotspot feature in Android 2.2 will be awesome to use with the iPad. I won't pay for the sprint version, but with all the different Android builds out there, I'm sure someone will port a stock 2.2 for the Evo that will have the hotspot feature activated.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah Verizon ETFs are about the same as what ATT just went to. But I won't have to pay that much, thankfully since my contract was started before they changed the ETF price.

Most reactions

Latest posts