What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this, but I had to log onto the website to find out I had to log onto the website (which I never do) it was frustrating since the change until I tried the unconventional route. I will miss everyone here, but won't spend much (if any) time in the future (very sad for me) here (or the iPhone forum once that changes over). I will only be disappointed with using a web browser and trying to follow new posts in all areas, using it to post and read etc. I want to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome and all the help, laughter, music and so much more you brought to my life. There will be a hole, that will take a long time to learn to step over, in my days, but that is what friends are for - to make those spaces that can never be filled, only bypassed with a hint of memory and a smile.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this, but I had to log onto the website to find out I had to log onto the website (which I never do) it was frustrating since the change until I tried the unconventional route. I will miss everyone here, but won't spend much (if any) time in the future (very sad for me) here (or the iPhone forum once that changes over). I will only be disappointed with using a web browser and trying to follow new posts in all areas, using it to post and read etc. I want to thank everyone for making me feel so welcome and all the help, laughter, music and so much more you brought to my life. There will be a hole, that will take a long time to learn to step over, in my days, but that is what friends are for - to make those spaces that can never be filled, only bypassed with a hint of memory and a smile.
There would be a hole if you really don't post here any more. I'd certainly not be the only one who'd miss you.

There's another app you could use for this forum: Tapatalk. It works great with iPF, and didn't have the problems of the "old" iPF app. Maybe you'll like the experience. :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be great if the Private messages could be open in a new window. Like if I long tap on a Private message, I get this :

View attachment 57661

Also, will there be a fresh new app, or an update to the previous app anytime in the future? It used to be easier when I had the app right on the home screen. But the new UI sure is awesome!

If you just tap the message header, it will open on it's own page! :)

The app is still undecided as yet, I've heard conflicting reports on it, so can't give you an answer I'm afraid! :(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

As JA says many of us will miss you here, I personally don't like the thought at all.

I understand how you feel about using a browser, I'm the same way and was loathe to have to, but I'm kinda liking it now, it's nothing like the old site and has so many more features and is so much quicker.

There is also Tapatalk you can use and will be able to view both this forum and iPhones at the same time, so there's no need to switch between these sites......many other forums you may also follow can also be accessed through Tapatalk.

On the site I've made a few Bookmark Favs so I can get to my most used threads quicker just by pressing these which are all placed just under the URL. Actually I'm finding many things here now which are easier than the app was......quoting, loading photos, profile access, changing avatars are more simple now, it's just a bit of a learning curve to begin with and we are all here to help also! :)

If you must....then I wish you well in the future but I do hope you will reconsider! :rolleyes:

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ughhhhh !
  1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

So sad the app will no longer work. The web based forum reminds me very much of forums in the 1990's. Not good at all. iPad forum should be visible on an app. Surely not an insurmountable proble.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Dave, this new contraption, it's really quite good and very logical in many respects and frankly, in my opinion, much less happy-go-lucky than what we had before. Just needs a bit of perseverance, (like the answer by iDan to your apparent problem). The more you get into the system the more you will find to like. Well I do anyway:) I can understand your hesitancy about posting those great pictures of yours in your very interesting travelogues, but don't stop now mate! We all enjoy them:)

Hi Andrew (and others responding to my initial rant) - well, yesterday I responded to a couple of threads and added pics w/o a problem - will give my West VA thread another try - have a couple more places to talk about.

Now, I have a question that may have been answered already (went through this entire thread quickly and not sure) - and I use only my laptop to respond here, so have not even tried Tapatalk; BUT, in the old forum when I wanted to add pics that I had already used in previous posts, I could go to a dialog box, find the pic, put a check, and then simply drag to the bottom and add to the new post - is this feature no longer available and have all of my pics gone into cyber heaven? ;)

Just a minor point that maybe only bothering me - can the color of this :D smiley be changed - makes me nauseous - :p Dave

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ughhhhh !
  1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

So sad the app will no longer work. The web based forum reminds me very much of forums in the 1990's. Not good at all. iPad forum should be visible on an app. Surely not an insurmountable proble.
If you prefer apps, try Tapatalk.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some (all?) of the website links to iPF forum threads, posted before the update, are not working anymore. They produce error 404.
Can you give me some example URL's that aren't working?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not able to post my photos in the Image/Photo thread. I get the error in the screenshot below. I've looked at the file size. They are 3 MB and below.
I've tried it at least four times in the last three or four hours.

This should now be fixed.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Have you tried the Tapatalk app? It is very similar to our old app and works just fine.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There would be a hole if you really don't post here any more. I'd certainly not be the only one who'd miss you.

There's another app you could use for this forum: Tapatalk. It works great with iPF, and didn't have the problems of the "old" iPF app. Maybe you'll like the experience. :)
Just trying out Tapatalk. Anyone know if it is possible to view my profile, posts etc without having to find one of my posts and tapping my icon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just trying out Tapatalk. Anyone know if it is possible to view my profile, posts etc without having to find one of my posts and tapping my icon

Tap the three lines at the top left, then select People. The first one is "Me".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 127

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow. So simple. Can't think why I missed that. Many thanks J.A.

Most reactions

Latest posts