What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have upgraded iPadForums.net to a complete new forum platform. The new site will have additional features and work very well from a desktop, mobile device, or tablet without the need of an extra app. We are still working out the bugs and it will probably be a few days before things are running 100%. Please let us know if you are having any issues or problems with the site.

Thanks!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan looks good also Tapatalk is working now. We appreciate your efforts. I suspect the forum is still indexing so will take a while for icons to show correctly.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only thing I have found is the Admin and staff forums are NOT available at this time. I suspect it is because "staff member" has to be added to user name.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have done a post in an Off Topic thread and advised everyone of the change and have linked this thread for any problems anyone may be having.

I guess it's all we can do at this stage! ;)

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
col, I noticed the "iPad User Guide" link in your signature is broken. I think Apple might have changed the link on ya.

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm on my phone with one bar of reception and it's super fast! Love this new software :D

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iDan said:
col, I noticed the "iPad User Guide" link in your signature is broken. I think Apple might have changed the link on ya.

An update -

The app is back online now.....the heading for Messages has now changed to Conversations...

But not all threads are viewable as yet.....getting Parse errors when I try to view a lot of threads.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At this moment, trying to open any thread in the off-topic forum returns a parse error message. Still indexing? Also, all threads became unread, presumably not a surprise given the major upgrade. No problems otherwise.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LannyC said:
At this moment, trying to open any thread in the off-topic forum returns a parse error message. Still indexing? Also, all threads became unread, presumably not a surprise given the major upgrade. No problems otherwise.

Hi Lanny,

Are you referring to the app or site? I can read any thread I have tried on the site

the app is back online.....it may just be a matter of time before you will be able to access all threads here.

If you are on the site you will see a Mark Forums Read tab at the top below the headings.....press this and you will get an option for the Forum you are on or all forums to select to mark them as read.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bennettb said:
What are trophy points? Bobbi

Hi Bobbi!

I think at this point that this replaces our Titles we had before.....whereas you may have been called iPad Noob, Novice etc, we now attain trophies when passing a certain number of posts we have done.

I'm still learning on the job here also but as time goes by it will all become clearer! ;)

We are still in the transition stage of the change and as time goes on, some things will still change.....I noticed you have New Member under your name now....I think this may change also but we will need to wait for the transition to finish.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been a member for a while. Why would I be a new member?

Like the new look of the site.

Bobbi

iDoug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Lanny,

Are you referring to the app or site? I can read any thread I have tried on the site

the app is back online.....it may just be a matter of time before you will be able to access all threads here.

If you are on the site you will see a Mark Forums Read tab at the top below the headings.....press this and you will get an option for the Forum you are on or all forums to select to mark them as read.

Try the site without the app. It works great and is super fast!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bennettb said:
I've been a member for a while. Why would I be a new member? Like the new look of the site. Bobbi

I did edit my last post and noted this also there Bobbi.

It's just a matter of time. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts