What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like how the mark forum read button is now on top instead of the bottom. Got tired of scrolling down all the time to mark all forums read so it's nice to have it on top of the page.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can use the RTF editor as well, but you have to make sure your cursor is in the right place before adding the image. It's hard to move the images afterwards. Maybe you can move the text instead.

More experiments are in order, but inline images are possible. :)

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It would be great if the Private messages could be open in a new window. Like if I long tap on a Private message, I get this :

image.jpg

Also, will there be a fresh new app, or an update to the previous app anytime in the future? It used to be easier when I had the app right on the home screen. But the new UI sure is awesome!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
. . . It used to be easier when I had the app right on the home screen. But the new UI sure is awesome!

If you open the site's main page, then select the box/arrow icon there is an option to Add To Home Screen. This will create an icon that you can move around and use just like any other icon, except tapping it will open Safari to the site instead of launching an app.

The icon even looks just like the iPF app's icon.

If my instructions are hard to understand, check out the notice at the top of the page about the iPF app not working. They provide a link with instructions which are better than mine.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some (all?) of the website links to iPF forum threads, posted before the update, are not working anymore. They produce error 404.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Press the +Quote tab on the message you want to quote.....go down to the message box and just on the bottom on the left is - Insert Quotes, press this....you will then get an option box to press 'Quote these Messages'. You can select as many as you want before going to the message box.

Hope you get it now!:cool:

I'm practicing. Can get one message not more than that.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
[got it, thank you
Bobbi
QUOTE="J. A., post: 1066790, member: 258192"]Some (all?) of the website links to iPF forum threads, posted before the update, are not working anymore. They produce error 404.[/QUOTE]

When you press more than one +Quote in different posts, you can quote two, or three, ... :)

Just try, once you know how it works, it's easy. :cool:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
[got it, thank you
Bobbi
QUOTE="J. A., post: 1066790, member: 258192"]Some (all?) of the website links to iPF forum threads, posted before the update, are not working anymore. They produce error 404.
Hm... One of my quotes looks a bit unusual. :oops:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After selecting the posts, did you choose "Insert Quotes" next to Post Reply? Then you get this message, and select "Quote these messages". Then they should be visible exactly like the second one of my quotes. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 130

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can I set larger fonts for this website? I had the app the way I liked it. When I use a pinch to make things larger it floats all over - and applies only to the current page.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SO FAR - this software STINKS for my needs - tried to make a new post to my West Virginia thread and adding figures is just not the same - I'm sure all will improve over the next few days, but will stop posting for a while, and hope that adding pics and integrating text will be easier soon - Dave :)
Hey Dave, How are you trying to add pics to your message? It should be much easier to upload photos into a thread. Simply click the upload a file button below the reply box. Once it's uploaded you will have the option to insert it as a thumbnail or full size.
View attachment 57607
Hi Dave, this new contraption, it's really quite good and very logical in many respects and frankly, in my opinion, much less happy-go-lucky than what we had before. Just needs a bit of perseverance, (like the answer by iDan to your apparent problem). The more you get into the system the more you will find to like. Well I do anyway:) I can understand your hesitancy about posting those great pictures of yours in your very interesting travelogues, but don't stop now mate! We all enjoy them:)
Have you looked at the Tapatalk app? I use Tapatalk Pro and find it excellent, and no problem interacting with forum posts including production of pictures. It's great for just following all the unread posts that may catch your attention. Check it out.
See ya soon?
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can I set larger fonts for this website? I had the app the way I liked it. When I use a pinch to make things larger it floats all over - and applies only to the current page.
I couldn't find a way so far. It wasn't possible on the website or in website view before the upgrade, afaik.

Did you also try double tapping the website on a post? It will enlarge the forum a bit, maybe enough for your needs.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not able to post my photos in the Image/Photo thread. I get the error in the screenshot below. I've looked at the file size. They are 3 MB and below.
I've tried it at least four times in the last three or four hours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 134

Most reactions