What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad3 WLAN speedtest facts

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When i got my iPad3 i was impressed by the good and stable WLAN connection i have in every room of hour house. I was concerned about WLAN trouble because of poor WLAN results with our PC Notebooks (read below) before i got the iPad.
So i was happy but than i read about people complaining poor WLAN quality of their iPad. I decided to ran some tests using speedtest.net

Here are the results of my iPad3 WLAN speed test.

First i checked my 16.000kbits connection with may cable connected MacMini:

speedtestmacmini.jpg
I got a Ping at 20, 13.58Mbits Downloadspeed and 0.75Mbits Uploadspeed

Next i run the first iPad3 test. About 3ft away from my Linksys WRTG 54Mbits Router:
IMG_0050.JPG
I got a Ping at 25, 12.86Mbits Downloadspeed and 1.30Mbits Uploadspeed

Next iPad3 test. One stairs down (wooden ceiling between iPad3 and router):
IMG_0051.JPG
Ping at 24, 12.91Mbits Downloadspeed and 1.27MBits Uploadspeed

Last iPad3 test 2 stairs down (one wooden and one concrete ceiling between iPad and router):
IMG_0052.JPG
Ping at 25, 12.73MBits downloadspeed and 1.27MBits Uploadspeed.

I think that my iPad did very well in the WLAN tests.

If i compare the results with 2 Notebooks (Acer and Compaq) we have one stairs down they got only 2-3bars using WindowsXP and frequently loose WLAN connection from time to time (that's why they are cable connected in the meantime).
2 stairs down i had very low or no WLAN connection using the Notebooks!
The only thing i wonder is why my iPad has better uploadspeed than my cable connected MacMini?

Most reactions