What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes via Remote to Apple TV in "different"WLAN?

stooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have iTunes on my Computer with Home Sharing on and everything.

The walls in my house are so massive, that the WLAN I have in my office-room (where my PC is) does not reach into the living room (where the Apple TV and the HiFi is), so I had to install a PowerLAN system.
Because of this, the WLAN in the living room is a "diffent" one, with a different name, than the one where iTunes is.

If I am in the office and start the Remote App, everything is fine, I see the Apple TV as well as my Media Library to choose from.

As soon as I go into the other room and the other WLAn takes over, I only see the Apple TV and the Media Library is gone.
On the Apple TV are just a couple of Albums I bought in the iTunes Store, but none of my quite extensive collection that stems mostly from my Physical CD-Collection.

Is there a way to tell the Media Library that its OK to stream to the other WLAN?
Or any other solution?

FYI: iTunes 11.0.3.42 on Win7 PC, iPad3, AppleTV 2nd Gen.

Thanks!

P.S.:
PC with iTunes is in WLAN 1
Apple TV and iPad are in WLAN 2

P.P.S.: I actually CAN play all my music directly from AppleTV, even though its in the other WLAN and I CAN use my Media Library with Remote as soon as my iPad is connected to LAN 2

Last edited:

Most reactions