What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Repair Glass iPad3 Screen No Touch Response

Equinox88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my iPad3 and cracked the front glass. So I bought a repair kit and did a DIY repair.

All seems alright, except the screen connection may be damaged a little but I still can clip the front glass cable in. The LCD cable was not touched.

The weired thing is, the touch function is not fully unfunctional. When I turning it off, the red power off bar shows, I can touch and drag that bar. :O

My question one, the touch function is performed by the front glass or LCD? If it is performed by LCD, why there are cable for the front glass.

Question 2, if the touch function was caused by hardware, why it only reponded when I turned it off? it should not respond all touches.

Question 3, reset doesn't work. Will draining all the battery power do?

The worst condition is, I have to sell it as parts on ebay.. :((

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I seem to recall looking at a video on the ifixit.com site. I saw they had the front glass off and the LCD sitting to the side. As the finger moved over the front glass, the LCD responded. So I *think* the touch is in the front glass, not the LCD. I could be wrong. Haven't you looked at their videos?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I seem to recall looking at a video on the ifixit.com site. I saw they had the front glass off and the LCD sitting to the side. As the finger moved over the front glass, the LCD responded. So I *think* the touch is in the front glass, not the LCD. I could be wrong. Haven't you looked at their videos?

That's correct. The front glass is the digitizer, converting finger movements into on-screen commands.

Most reactions

Latest posts