What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad3 not powering up

alepcha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! My ipad3 is not powering up, syncing to itunes shows there is still battery left, but doesn't charge or power up. tired restore Ipad through itunes but keep getting the message.."cannot connect to apple server"? what should be done?

berberry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
alepcha said:
Hi! My ipad3 is not powering up, syncing to itunes shows there is still battery left, but doesn't charge or power up. tired restore Ipad through itunes but keep getting the message.."cannot connect to apple server"? what should be done?

My ipad did the same thing when I'd only had it a day or so. Almost panicked, but instead I tried a reboot, which worked. So you might try that.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
alepcha said:

If you live close enough to an AppleStore, and if the suggested method doesn't work, you may want to make a Genius Bar appointment. Your iPad is still under warranty and will be replaced if you have a hardware fault. If you can make a backup of your iPad in iTunes on your computer, do so, as you can then set up a replacement from the backup you made.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

When you say it doesn't charge, do you mean when your iPad is connected to your computer? That way it will not charge, you need to use the charging cable supplied with your iPad
Not sure what you mean by "not powering up". If the above suggestion doesn't work, also try disconnecting your WiFi router and reconnect after a minute.
The above suggestion was to "reboot". that is a way of resetting the computer as follows:
Simultaneously hold down both the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen goes black. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears, then let go both. Keep waiting until your iPad restarts.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts