What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Froze!

wvkawboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night was playing around on my iPad3, the battery level got down to 19% so I hooked to the charger for overnight. This morning, open it up from "sleep mode" & I've got a Message in the center of the screen saying something like "No memory room left in iCloud for Backup, buy more space in Settings - then the buttons CANCEL or SETTINGS". Since I've never consiously backedup to iCloud & don't intend to, I tried hitting the CANCEL Button... nothing... tried CANCEL again... nothing... tried SETTINGS... nothing. Oh crap, I thought. So, I closed the iPad to put it to sleep for a minute, reopened & the SAME THING happened. I then hooked the iPad3 to the charger cable hoping it would jolt it somehow out of it's froze mode... no luck. Then I tried holding down the Power Button to turn the blasted thing off & the "Slide to Power Off" came on the screen but it would not Slide when I drug my finger across it.... HELP! What now??? :(

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try resetting the iPad and see if that works. To do:

Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, that message will be gone after that. Then, you can go to your Settings app and turn off the sync in the iCloud function.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
W

wvkawboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll try that when I get home later from work. Will it remove apps or anything like that? Thanks again... :thumbs:

OP
W

wvkawboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Perfect, worked like magic! Posting from it now on my lunch break at home. THANKS, everyone!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray! Glad it worked for you. And - thanks for letting us know as its always good to hear back, especially on the success stories.

Now, don't forget to turn off iCloud sync so this won't happen again...

Marilyn

OP
W

wvkawboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just had to look up this discussion again because my wife's iPad2 went dead.... Well, I'm the hero of the hour because this little trick got her up & running in a minute! :). Thanks again, folks,,this forum is awesome!

Most reactions

Latest posts