What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad3, iOS8 problems maybe?

IrvSp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found 2 apps, USA Today and ShowTime, that have serious problems. Reviews of the apps in iTunes does confirm they are the problem.

However before I discovered this I tried the full reset of the iPad. HOME button and turning it off. Used these instructions:

==========
How to reset your iPhone or iPad
  • Press and hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of you iPhone or iPad.
  • At the same time, press and hold down the Home button on the front of your iPhone or iPad.
  • Keep holding both buttons until the screen turns off and then turns back on again and displays the Apple logo.
===========

Well, had a hard time making that happen? I tried both sides of the sleep/wake button and neither seemed to work, but eventually it did.

OK, turned it back on. My lock screen sort of came on, darkened and flashed and went away? HOME button did bring it back. Entered P/W and got to the desktop. However when I looked at the running apps by moving the screen up, ALL the apps I had before were running? The iPad was NOT reset under iOS8 it seems.

Kept trying to fully re-boot and reset the iPad to no avail. At one point my desktop was LOCKED in PORTRAIT mode! Could not get out of it. However the apps themselves would turn to portrait or landscape? Closing and the desktop always remained in portrait mode?

Eventually after trying to do the reset of the iPad it returned to normal working on the desktop orientation. However the full reset I can't do and the flashing of the lock screen continues. I also think the battery is being consumed faster.

Again this is on an iPad3 and the newly release iOS8 (64GB wireless model).

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any chance you confused the volume rocker with the sleep button? The sleep button is at the top if the home button is at the bottom, in portrait mode.

OP
I

IrvSp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any chance you confused the volume rocker with the sleep button? The sleep button is at the top if the home button is at the bottom, in portrait mode.

No, it isn't the volume control that I used. That still shows the volume change as well and works fine.

I should also have seen a slider to close and that doesn't appear either?

The only thing I might be confused over is if the open apps prior to shutting down would be re-opened? I think they used to be closed. That is if I used the swipe up on the screen I'd only see the DESKTOP I was on, no other apps? Now I see all the old apps as well.

No matter what I do though the lock screen with a picture from the Camera roll flashes when it first comes up.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you reset, using the Home and Power button, you won't see a slider. After an amount of time, the screen will get dark, and then the Apple logo will appear.

The slider will show up when you turn off the iPad.

Most reactions