What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad mini 3 sleep/unlock button won't wake ipad

hlvanee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have a strange issue on my ipad mini 3. If the ipad mini goes to sleep or I press the lock/sleep button, the screen goes black (as normal) but I'm not able to wake it up again by pressing the sleep or Home button again. The only way I can get the screen to turn back on again is to reboot the ipad mini by holding down the power and home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. If I keep the screen on and don't allow it to go to sleep, I can use the ipad as normal for as long as I want until it locks and gets stuck on black again.

I tried a full system reset (complete wipe), DFU mode recovery through Itunes, and it did not fix the issue.

I also tried toggling off the "lock/unlock" button under Settings>General>Lock/Unlock and that did not fix the issue.

Any other ideas to try?

Most reactions