What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS8 Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anybodies Wifi connection got better? (What does (OP) after my user name?)

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not even if I do a restore from a previous backup?

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not even in that case. The option to revert to iOS 7.1.2 was "closed" about a week after the release iOS 8.
This is usually the case after updating. There is a window of a few days during which you can revert back to your original IOS but after that it is not possible. Afraid you are stuck with IOS 8.1 as I am. I must admit I was happier with things as they were before this most recent upgrade which has caused so many problems for so many of us. Hopefully, Apple will not release such a problematic IOS in the future and tighten up the testing of such before release.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's pointless asking this! But I thought that was one of the reasons we all get together on here?

Can anybody offer a simple answer of why Apple don't allow owners of their products to send bug reports through a simple App of Apple's making, they can send me an annoying 'Tip' message to look at their 'Tip App' which incidentally; I don't want every 3 days! Why can't they, at least show us, their loyal customers, some good old fashioned humility and admit they have some serious bugs in IOS8 and maybe embrace this opportunity from its loyal customers to collect them and at least give them the opportunity to put them right.

I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to report bugs to Apple which incidentally; meant enrolling as a developer! The likes of me as a developer - dream on!!!! I'm guessing nobody takes any notice anyway? To me its obvious the main reason iOS 8 was released, was to meet a deadline in the first place. Anyway, after attempting to fill out the copious amounts of very long and complicated forms; on a platform (my iPad) which involved a fight with the Internet every 2 minutes. In the end it was just a waste of my time - the Wifi wasn't stable enough! I found another wonderful glitch/delay - when I type nothing appears (sometimes) on the screen until about 5-10 seconds later as the form re-positions/dance's all over the screen - do they know how difficult it is to type in retrospect?

In the end I just emailed a longer version of this, again........But I'm not holding my breath for an answer any time soon.

Last edited:

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are in the Apple jail, solitary confinement. Apple is the warden. Only way out is to see your bondsman. Mr. Microsoft or Mr. Android. LOL

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am really, really, really getting sick and tired of Safari locking up after using the back space key on the keyboard!
About to pay a bondsman!

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just can't believe anybody sees the iOS8 roll out as anything but an utter disaster.

I have personally spent an fortune on Apple products myself. I think they are fabulous. I even got a multi squillion £ company, on the strength of things working, without fudge from an IT person having to turn up every time something goes phut - to change from its old training system to Apple. Simple things just don't work as they did anymore. I am all for progress and take on board precisely what the likes of TP says but.

I sincerely think Apple have taken their eye off the ball on this one, hence my administrator removed comment.

Even if it turns into everything it is supposed too - Apple's "afteryou'vespentyourfortunecare" sucks.

n1smo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cursed at Apple for a few weeks after iOS 8 was released because it was utter junk as already mentioned in many threads but with everybody updating their apps, my iPad Air running 8.1 has settled down a lot and is running much better. Might be as good as iOS 7 at this point as far as stability. Still not going to update my iPad 2 from 7 to 8 though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My IOS 8.1 review:

I suddenly decided to update an iPad mini 1st gen, iPhone 5c and iPad air all the same night. I did the iPad mini first, thinking if it didnt work out id just get rid of it and not upgrade the others. It seemed to go well. I was actually impressed with how well it responded so i did the others. Anyway to make a long story short- overall i'm not regretting the update to the point of wishing I could go back. In hind sight I would have not upgraded though. All devices run well with the exception of a slight pause switching between apps, a bit slower opening some apps like the app store and Safari mis-behaves. Well see what some time does.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The app pauses should go away soon, at least on the Air. Every major update involves some background cleanups; spotlight indexing, photo library indexing, and other organization tasks. It took less than a day for my iPad to clear up. A reset seems to help as well. If you haven't already done one.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its the Wifi thats the biggest issue TP for me I've done everything recommended here and from other sources and it makes zero difference. Does anybody remember why most of us came to Apple in the first place; because they worked. They might have had a few wobbles along the way but it was put right in a few days.

I think whomever runs Apple nowadays has well and truly taken his foot off the pedal.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You do indeed have a frustrating problem. However, I cannot help to wonder if it's an Apple issue or an issue with the way your software downloaded? I actually think my wifi on our iPads connect quicker and stay connected longer with 8. I certainly do have other 8' related issues though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts