What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2: Not connecting to store not updating IOS

Diegomondrik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an old IPad 2 that stopped updating IOS at version 10, and does not connect with the apple store.
How do I update IOS?
If I update it, will it connect to the store, or it will never be updated because it is old and not supported anymore?
Thanks.

OP
D

Diegomondrik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Jupiter.
the IPad is WiFi only. Regarding iOS it now has 10.x, more than the 9.x you mention.
Any idea why it doesn't connect to the store?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks Jupiter.
the IPad is WiFi only. Regarding iOS it now has 10.x, more than the 9.x you mention.
Any idea why it doesn't connect to the store?

According to EveryMac (see screen capture below), Jupiter is correct, i.e. an iPad 2 cannot be upgraded beyond 9.x - are you sure that is the model you own and not a later one? If unsure, go into Settings > General > About, you can enter the serial number into the LINK given and find the specific device.

As to your Wi-Fi, does the connection work on other sites, e.g. Amazon? If not, you might want to do a 'hard reset' of the iPad and also 'power recycle' your modem/router (i.e. turn off the power or pull the plug, wait and repower the modem, then the router). Finally, have you tried another Wi-Fi network, e.g. a commercial place offering free wireless like Starbucks? Good luck - Dave

Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 12.51.40 PM.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts