What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS update

MeisterBJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want update my iOS in my iPad. So what will happen if I update my iOS to the latest version, will that have the impact to my data at previous iOS or what? Thx

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MeisterBJ said:
I want update my iOS in my iPad. So what will happen if I update my iOS to the latest version, will that have the impact to my data at previous iOS or what? Thx

It shouldn't have any effect at all on your data. It didn't affect my data when I updated.

OP
MeisterBJ

MeisterBJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
It shouldn't have any effect at all on your data. It didn't affect my data when I updated.

All right but we have to update iOS via wifi only, or there is another way?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Please be sure to do a backup (sync) first.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

rocki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LannyC said:
Please be sure to do a backup (sync) first.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

I updated without backing up first, nothing happened, everything is fine. But backup should be the first thing to do when doing something with system! i'm just to lazy sometimes :)

Last edited:

danieljackson09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you are right. First time i didn't back up my files and lost few of my data. By uploading to the latest version mostly nothing will happen wrong. bt as a safer side we need to bcak up first and then start the update process.

Most reactions