What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD2 Camera, Worse than ever!

Is your Ipad2 camera terrible and grainy?

• Total voters

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny, because two people have commented on the great quality of the iPad camera when we've Skyped. That's what it was designed for, so that's where my expectations rested. If Apple had bragged about camera quality, that would be different.

I don't go around comparing it to cameras of old, either. That's like buying a car today and saying it's better than a Model A. Well, no kidding.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used my iPad all over Ireland for taking pictures and the pictures were good, not the sAme as my Nikon but certainly good and I was able to send them immediately, post, etc which I can't do with my Nikon. And I do think the quality has improved a bit since the update actually! Video is great.

hazeline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad2 rear camera is only around 1MP. Very bad picture quality. I even give up on taking pictures with iPad. My iPhone 4 takes great pictures and videos.

I did some search and found the following spec from other web.

Using Photo Shack Pro, I get the following:

Rear Camera: 960 x 720 pixels (0.7Mp), 72 x 72 DPI, Focal Length 3.85, 1/15, f/2.4, ISO 800

Front Camera:640 x 480 pixels (0.3Mp), 72 x 72 DPI, Focal Length 3.85, 1/15, f/2.4, ISO 2000

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The camera is quite useful for copying documents that I later convert into PDFs, recording classroom discussion notes written on a whiteboard, students' documentation of absences, event reminders I get by mail, etc.

I don't have a smartphone, so I appreciate being able to lighten my load by going paperless.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use my iPad2 to deposit checks into my bank account. My bank has an app for the iPad that allows me to take pictures of the checks I receive all the time. Rather than going to the bank to make my deposits, I take a picture of the check, any time and any day, and the deposit is posted. This saves me a good bit of time in my day.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MattIM said:
I use my iPad2 to deposit checks into my bank account. My bank has an app for the iPad that allows me to take pictures of the checks I receive all the time. Rather than going to the bank to make my deposits, I take a picture of the check, any time and any day, and the deposit is posted. This saves me a good bit of time in my day.

That's pretty cool. What bank?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What? Seriously, Matt? Do you have to go to the bank at some point to deposit the hardcopies?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
How it works:

9 Banks That Let You Deposit Checks With Your iPhone

This link is from earlier this year, so it's not a comprehensive list of banks with this feature.

Once you get notification from the bank that the deposit has cleared, I make sure I destroy the checks so they don't get into the wrong hands. I'm trying to figure out how I can make my iPad give me money!!!

Being able to do all of my accounting on the iPad2 with check deposits was my #1 reason for buying this iPad2.

cellur111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should have read about the iPad 2 before buying it..and who uses a iPad for taking just pictures and videos anyway?

Last edited:

Sstickler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought the ipad2 for taking event pictures to then create a digital frame and post Facebook as a way of creating customer engagement. Store team said it would work well...well the zoom tablet works so much better. So disappointed with Apple on this one it wouldn't have cost more or internal space or memory to upgrade the camera.

Most reactions

Latest posts