What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 backlight bleed

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With black backgrounds, I notice some backlight bleed around the edges of my new iPad 2 - is this normal, and has anyone else experienced it?

mojo jojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
god im changing my background right now...

i've had it on for some time now and i just changed it back no prob for me

Last edited:

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a lot of posts on other forums about it. It is a flaw and Apple will exchange them for that reason. But you'd probably have to wait awhile for more stock to be available so I wouldn't worry about it for a while if it's not bothering you too much.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1114606

Last edited:
OP
Rambler358

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine's definately not as bad as this guy's here:
Is your iPad 2 backlight bleeding? (video) -- Engadget

I first noticed it last night while in my Kindle app with the black background. Minor, but noticable. Looking again today indoors in the daylight, you have to look very close to see it. if you didn't know it was there, it would be difficult to see.

Also, this being my first Apple device - is it normal for the iPad to "click" when it goes into standby mode?

Most reactions

Latest posts