What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 WiFi won't connect without SSID transmitting?

Alger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My router is set as WPA - TKIP with encrypted password.
With SSID transmitting, I setup WiFi connection on my IPad 2, selecting the modem name and providing the password. The connection is solid.
If I then turn off SSID transmitting on the router, the WiFi connection on the IPad 2 is broken even though the router name still appears.

I've tried telling the IPad 2 to "forget" the connection and entering the router name (Case specific) correctly along with the connection type and password. IPad 2 reports it can't find the router?

Turning the SSID back on establishes the connection.
Any ideas?
Ed...

arttext

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With the current state of snooping there's no safety reason anymore to turn SSID off. They'll find you and your ID anyway. so you have to rely completely on your encryption. :-/

OP
A

Alger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 WiFi will connect without SSID transmitting

After doing several resets to my iPad 2, in attempts to get iOS 5 to load, I find that my iPad 2 will now connect WiFi without the SSID transmitting!
Getting iOS 5 installed is another story...:thumbs:

Most reactions