What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Stopped working (or damaged) :(

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo,
I was using my iPad very neatly...
Suddenly, it refused to work again!

I just pressed the iPad button to go in standby, and after 5 minutes I switched it back on.... but it didn't work!
:confused: :-(

I tried to connect it to the PC using iTunes.... it is not even shown on the iTunes :(

What happened?
Probably, it's damaged :(

:cry: :cry: :cry:

One of the challenges is that I'm currently in Germany, not in USA, where I bought it from.
Another challenge is... TIME !!!

OP
ashry

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try a hard reset? Hold the power button and the home button down together until you see the Apple.

Thanks for the reply...
I've contacted the Apple tech. Support and they also suggested the hard reset, and, luckily, it worked :)

Thanks again, but what's the secret behind this type of "hang" in the first place, and how to prevent such case from happening again?
Also, what does hard reset technically do?

Last edited:
OP
ashry

ashry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you currently Jailbroken or stock?

Thanks for sharing...
I'm not Jailbroken, since I just bought my iPad immediately after that .PDF fix which apple did... and you know that the first time to use iTunes was Just ... ;)

Last edited:

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Hard reset is akin to pressing and holding the power button on the PC (or just pulling the plug). It makes it do a cold boot from the very beginning. Just putting it to sleep only saves its state, just powering off the screen.

Sometimes, things just hang. If you remember what app you used before the hang, watch what happens next time you use it. If it continues with certain apps, delete them and reinstall them.

Nicholas76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.fashionshoppings.com
Hard reset is akin to pressing and holding the power button on the PC (or just pulling the plug). It makes it do a cold boot from the very beginning. Just putting it to sleep only saves its state, just powering off the screen.

Sometimes, things just hang. If you remember what app you used before the hang, watch what happens next time you use it. If it continues with certain apps, delete them and reinstall them.
The explanation just goes right to the point, great.

Most reactions

Latest posts