What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WiFi Sync stopped working

Dan_Knight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, folks, I've read about as many articles, forums posts, blog posts, etc. about this problem, and everyone seems to have either solved the problem using measures that I have attempted, or never gotten the problem solved.

I am using iTunes 10.5.2.11
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
NO Windows Firewall, or firewall of any kind running (I have a Sonicwall).
iPad 2 running the latest OS update.
WiFi is on the same subnet as my PC.

I WAS able to sync wirelessly a couple of weeks ago, but then it stopped working.
I have rebooted the computer.
I have synced via USB. While connected, I disabled "sync this device over wifi," applied the changes, synced. Then re-enabled "sync this device over wifi," applied and synced again - all wired.
I have also rebooted the iPad prior do these measures.

NOTHING helps.

Any suggestions? I have seen an equal number of people who have been able to resolve the wifi sync not working, as I have seen people who have never since gotten it to work.

Hope someone can help.
TIA

iwoodland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. iPhone is fine on wireless sync, as was iPad till a few weeks ago.

abdulhusein

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any solution to this yet?

I have the same problem. iPhone is fine on wireless sync, as was iPad till a few weeks ago.

Anyone found a solution to this yet?

Okay this is what I tried and it worked like a charm for me! :)

On my win7 64 bit machine: I quit iTunes, restarted the Apple mobile device service, started iTunes again and voila!

Last edited:

GeoffW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant - worked perfectly for me too.
Keeping my fingers crossed it sticks!

Anyone found a solution to this yet?

Okay this is what I tried and it worked like a charm for me! :)

On my win7 64 bit machine: I quit iTunes, restarted the Apple mobile device service, started iTunes again and voila!

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
This happened to me too. I went to the control panel and apple mobile device was running. I stopped it. Started it and then opened iTunes.
The wifi sync still didn't work. I closed iTunes then rebooted my ipad2 and then opened iTunes again. Voila!!! Finally it works again.

Most reactions

Latest posts