What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad stands?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to have one made out of lego.

Sent from my jailbroken interestingCompanionPad (iPad 1,1 iOS5.0.1

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got one of these for Christmas and I love it: Amazon.com: Logitech Speaker Stand for iPad (980-000590): Electronics

The only thing I don't like about it is that on powering it on, it will automatically turn on the Music app, starting with the last song you listened to. There's no option for it to NOT do that, but it's not a huge drawback.

Otherwise:
- The stand is rocksteady so my iPad2 is safe (especially important when the 3 year old grandchild wants to play his games or listen to his stories!);
- The sound is ample (much louder/fuller than the iPad2's inherent sound system);
- The whole shebang is wonderfully portable; the iPad2 is easily inserted/removed;
- It charges the iPad2 whether the Logitech stand is powered on or not;
- And finally, the price was very much affordable and cost less than some stands that don't have the built in speaker/charger functions!

(Amazon.com: Logitech Speaker Stand for iPad (980-000590): Electronics):

41OJhmCoBdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

ps249

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just go with the simple smart cover. It can even stand up on a bed.

pda1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got a great stand for my iPad (4g). It's perfect for holding an iPad on a desk or table. Really simple, stable and convenient. It's only $7 which includes shipping.

This is the guy's website is www.iPadRing.net

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the Targus Lap Lounge. It is Best Buy SKU 3491122 for $40. I've only it for a few days now, and really liking it a lot. My only gripe is that it flexes too much to type unless I hold it and thumb type. It works great reclining in my easy chair. And my arms and shoulders are getting a break now...

wedgestand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your looking for a stand that can be used comfortably on your lap and also on a desk then you should check out our products www.wedgestand.com. Our wedgestand sits comfortably on your lap and also is small enough to put up on a desk or table without being out of place.

wedge_colors1.jpg

Last edited:
L

Lunar

I got one of these for Christmas and I love it: Amazon.com: Logitech Speaker Stand for iPad (980-000590): Electronics

The only thing I don't like about it is that on powering it on, it will automatically turn on the Music app, starting with the last song you listened to. There's no option for it to NOT do that, but it's not a huge drawback.

Otherwise:
- The stand is rocksteady so my iPad2 is safe (especially important when the 3 year old grandchild wants to play his games or listen to his stories!);
- The sound is ample (much louder/fuller than the iPad2's inherent sound system);
- The whole shebang is wonderfully portable; the iPad2 is easily inserted/removed;
- It charges the iPad2 whether the Logitech stand is powered on or not;
- And finally, the price was very much affordable and cost less than some stands that don't have the built in speaker/charger functions!

(Amazon.com: Logitech Speaker Stand for iPad (980-000590): Electronics):

41OJhmCoBdL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have this one too, I posted some pics in another thread a while ago. For the money it's not a bad stand at all , and of course has a built-in amplifier too.

AYS, it can be a pain having to keep stopping the music player everytime you power it on, assuming you wish run something else other than music.. I did a search to see if I could stop it doing this.... but it seems not.

The other thing worth mentioning is the fact IMO it does not come up towards vertical enough. It does seem to have a fair slant back to it even when pulled up as far as it will go, which if your right in front of it.. is not too bad, and of course it aids stability, though TBH the base is actually very weighty. (there's 2 lead bars in the base to give it more weght) This angle issue annoyed me so much I totally dismantled mine, and using a grinding wheel in a Dremel, ground about 1mm away from the spindle hinge stops which has the effect of allowing it to come a little more towards the vertical position, which I find to be far better, and it's still very stable indeed... certainly a worthwhile mod... and IMHO how it should have been in the first place. if the stand was on a table or in my case my computer desk, and I wanted to sit on my settee to watch something in comfort.. I could barely see the iPads screen due to the angle..allowing it to come more vertical helped solve this.

Oh.. and I did notice one thing when I took it apart... from the outside when looking from the top at the speakers, it looks like it has 4 speakers.. 2 across the back and a elongated one either side... those elongated speakers are dummies... there's nothing underneath...lol, only the 2 rear speakers work.... (those sneaky Chinese...lol)
However in fairness the sound quality is perfectly adequate and loud enough too. So if your looking for a stand which has amplified sound and can also charge your iPad I can recommend this one. It also looks right.. proportion wise and seems to suite the iPad well. I paid £39.99 for mine from PC World in the UK.

I've noticed too that this actually charges the iPad3 slightly more quickly than the official iPad3 charger. Not timed it, but it seems a little quicker to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

dchristo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, here's the one I just bought for $8.63 with free shipping, for better or worse. I know it's got no style, but I started feeling very conflicted after reading all the pros and cons regarding the "name" stands that look like they were designed by Klingons. This Ebay seller has 99.3% positive feedback, the reviewers said it's sturdy, and it looks like it should fold pretty flat. I may use it five times a year, so I decided life's too short to obsess over the choice of a travel stand, and just pulled the trigger on this one.

Black multi Stand Holder stainless steel For ipad ipad 2 GPS tablet | eBay

$%28KGrHqJHJBIE7%292JCqFSBP%21mVNZwZ%21%7E%7E60_12.JPG

Last edited:

Dallas2g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A few months back I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a stand called Electrostand. Its a pretty cool looking stand with lots of bells and whistles, and the price is actually cheaper than some of these kickstands that don't do a whole lot. This thing is like the swiss army knife of stands...works great for racing games too.

Here is there link: Stand for iPad 3 | Electrostand | iPad Stands
Enhance_Banner.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts