What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing the Skadoosh iPad Stand

Hobbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We're breaking into the accessory industry by offering an iPad stand. The stand holds firm while using the touch screen and it adjusts to almost any angle.
Check it out and let us know what you think.
www.jadu-industries.com

We are still in development, but production starts very soon. :comingsoon:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad gadget unuseful

We're breaking into the accessory industry by offering an iPad stand. The stand holds firm while using the touch screen and it adjusts to almost any angle.
Check it out and let us know what you think.
www.god.com

We are still in development, but production starts very soon. :comingsoon:

good rendering, and aluminum profiling .... but too simple and how to recharge or synch when you use it in vertical position ??

sorry for the bad comment but is just my ''personal feeling'' i hope to don't broke you're dream of success :D

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
Looks like a revolutionary product. Not to mention the part where it will probably be simply modified to be compatible with many devices, now and the future.

The only thing that bugs me is the name... Ska_doosh_.. but the iPad also has a risky name, so far so good!

Make sure to market this! ;D

Wish you the best.

OP
H

Hobbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
good rendering, and aluminum profiling .... but too simple and how to recharge or synch when you use it in vertical position ??

When you say rendering, do you mean a computer generated image? The pictures of the stand is an actual machined and tested stand. We just haven't started final production yet. The iPad, unfortunately, is only rendered.
Too simple? It holds the iPad and tilts. It's supposed to be simple. I hear what you're saying about the recharging and syncing. We have added a slot and a pocket to allow the connector to easily be set down into the stand. Once we get these ones rolling, we plan on developing new interchangable rockers, including one with a connector, but the problem is, if you place the iPad in horizontal you have a connector in the way. The interchangable rockers will be aroung $10 to $20 each (depending on their function).
No broken dreams here. Thanks for your thoughts.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it Hobbs! Looks very simple and attractive. I can imagine putting one of these on my bathroom counter so I can watch / listen to something when getting ready in the morning.

OP
H

Hobbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can imagine putting one of these on my bathroom counter so I can watch / listen to something when getting ready in the morning.

It is water proof :) (the stand, not the iPad)

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad accessories

but the problem is, if you place the iPad in horizontal you have a connector in the way. The interchangable rockers will be aroung $10 to $20 each (depending on their function).

I know what you mean, as we are developing 60 products for iPad, and we have various stand and dock .... my 23 years experience in dev told me immediately the weak point, the concept is good just need some small improvement for made it useful :D

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but the problem is, if you place the iPad in horizontal you have a connector in the way. The interchangable rockers will be aroung $10 to $20 each (depending on their function).

I know what you mean, as we are developing 60 products for iPad, and we have various stand and dock .... my 23 years experience in dev told me immediately the weak point, the concept is good just need some small improvement for made it useful :D
I would like a pivoting arm to hold my iPad. One like the document holders secretaries use when typing.

I'm stuck in bed with 7 fractures on my right ankle. Might have more surgery coming so i'll be here a long time.

A stand next to the bed would allow me to use it over my face when I'm on my back without having to hold the iPad...

shadownmss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks Great!

Good looking design......any discounts for forum members? What is the expected retail for just the unit as pictured?

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say rendering, do you mean a computer generated image? The pictures of the stand is an actual machined and tested stand. We just haven't started final production yet. The iPad, unfortunately, is only rendered.
Too simple? It holds the iPad and tilts. It's supposed to be simple. I hear what you're saying about the recharging and syncing. We have added a slot and a pocket to allow the connector to easily be set down into the stand. Once we get these ones rolling, we plan on developing new interchangable rockers, including one with a connector, but the problem is, if you place the iPad in horizontal you have a connector in the way. The interchangeable rockers will be aroung $10 to $20 each (depending on their function).

I like the product. I put in for the notification when it is available.

Good luck

Cya

soch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
smartyapps.com
JADU - is your design correct?

Is it OK to hold the iPad at the bottom? Won't it put too much pressure on the bottom of iPad?

From the photo on your website it looks like the iPad will tumble as the center of gravity will overshoot the base area as the user tilts the iPad backwards (closer to horizontal surface).

OP
H

Hobbs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The design of the stand is solid :)
The iPad is designed to be held by one hand while you use the other hand to control it, so the bezel area is very strong. I don't know if you have one, but if you hold the ipad at the bottom and lay it flat, there is no flex or undo stress on the ipad.
With the iPad in the stand reclined 60 degrees (the flattest it gets), and in portrait mode, you can tap the screen at the top and the stand doesn't budge. The flip out support has to be used when it is vertical. It works okay horizontally without the support, but it works best with it. We spent all weekend playing different games that required a lot of tapping and swiping and the Skadoosh stand worked very well.
We are sending many of them out to be reviewed in a week or so before production begins. So hopefully these concerns will be addressed objectively in the reviews.

Thanks

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pricing!! i like the look of it and appreciate the engineering. Now stop and get it to market. If you over-engineer it now, it raises your per unit cost, and reduces you ability to bring out different improved models later. Just need to know the price.

Price is the final decision maker for most people. You can always run a conservative introductory price to test the waters, then adjust depending on the response.

Ray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great looking product. Slim/ or mill down the front a bit for a sleeker look and your good to go.

Most reactions

Latest posts