What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen scratch protector thread...

Which screen protector do you use?

• Xgear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Invisibleshield

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • StealthGuards

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • BodyGuardz

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Leafgreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I did a quick goog search and here on this forum and didn't find one thread that gets peeps substantial feedback on different screen protectors...NOT cases. I don't want extra bulk. I just want to know which you think is the best film to apply to the screen to protect from scratches.
Here's what I've found:
Casemate $35
Invisibleshield by Zagg $25
Stealthguards $20
BodyGuardz $20

If you are using one, please tell us:
1. How resistant is it to showing finger smudges?
2. How clear is it?
3. Does it stay put, or does it peel up at the edges?
4. After you remove it, does it leave any residue?
These are the four key features for a scratch protector film, I think.

talk soon,
Leafgreen :D

Last edited:

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know if I want one or not. One day I do and the the next I'm scared to put one on. I'll keep an eye on your thread.

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can not vote. I never use them, never got a scratch on anything "iphone, touch or this". I can see people using such things on iPhones, but you do not drop iPads, or put them in your pocket with keys.

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using a Powersupport Anti-glare protector. Not to actually protect but
for the anti-glare properties. I use my iPad in the cockpit of my LSA(Light
Sport Airplane) as a moving map display and for airport diagrams. The
protector cuts the glare and does not really affect the visuals.

Gene

wdpower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should add in option of "none" or included with case. I think the otter box i have coming in tomorrow has a screen protector, but i also have the invishield here waiting to see which i install.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had one since the beginning and never used a screen protector other than the apple case.
The pad has seen heavy usage from a range of children including a 2 year old with no damage.

More important is a case with a cover to prevent the screen getting scratched in transit or when dropped.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used invisible shield for my iphone for two years, and now put one on my ipad recently. It works great.

Not perfect, but certainly better resistance than without IS
2. How clear is it?
Invisible - it does not degrade the display at all in my experience
My iphone version did peel at the corners after a few months. The iPad one is too new yet. They will re-apply at the kiosk in my local mall if needed.
I have seen no residue at all after removing. I had to take one off my iphone before when the phone had to be replaced, and it left no residue. However, once removed, the IS is not usable. I simply took it to the kiosk, and they applied a new one for me for about $10.

I am really glad I got the IS for my ipad. It showed so many finger prints when I used it outside - very much reduced now, and I have peace of mind knowing it cannot be scratched now.

OP
Leafgreen

Leafgreen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can not vote. I never use them, never got a scratch on anything "iphone, touch or this". I can see people using such things on iPhones, but you do not drop iPads, or put them in your pocket with keys.
I guess I should have said that the reason for my thread here is that I got a scratch near the edge. Don't know how it got there! I'm pissed. :mad:

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using a Powersupport Anti-glare protector. Not to actually protect but
for the anti-glare properties. I use my iPad in the cockpit of my LSA(Light
Sport Airplane) as a moving map display and for airport diagrams. The
protector cuts the glare and does not really affect the visuals.

Gene

Have you used the GPS feature of the Ipad while flying, if so what program are you using.Read that two bothers flying a Cessna used the GPS on a Iphone and it did a excellent job.
Al

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After just a couple days with the invisible shield I can say that the appearance of finger prints is reduced by about 80% in my experience. It is easier to read in bright light, too.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep invisishield is the best especially with the warranty replacement I use the shield and the apple iPad case a match made in heaven!

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a Full body protector from Best Skins Ever (BSE). They are similar to the Zagg Shield but 1/3rd of the price. I literally have every electronic I own covered in this film including my ipad, iphone, ipods, and my girls blackberry.

It shows smudges but not as bad as if the screen were naked. Any screen protector will show smudges with use, and some more than others.

2. How clear is it?
Very clear, its invisible.

It stays put very well, I have no peel ups on any of my devices. But then again on top of the BSE skin, I also keep my stuff in either a silicone case of some type or the silicrylic case from Incipio.

Nope..............

Xhigh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried BoxWave's ClearTouch Crystal screen protector? I recently installed the zagg and noticed that it does distort the ipad screen visually which I do not like. I want something that is 99% clear. Any suggestions?

Most reactions

Latest posts