What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Difference between non-anti glare screen protectors?

gojeffrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gojeffrey.com
Pardon my ignorance on this topic, but what are the advantages of a clear film overlay on the iPad screen? I understand the anti-glare aspect, but what of the clear glossy type? Does it offer some sort of protection? And from what? I don't think the screen is subject to scratching unless it's abused. The only thing that touches my screen are my fingers, sometimes my toes, and the inside cover of my folio case. I don't see a need for a screen protector. Am I missing something?

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No....I wouldn't use one but not for the glare. Heck I'm aleady pining for iPad II which I bet will have that wonderful screen. It's not like this will have to withstand years of use.

OP
M

Mayo7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance on this topic, but what are the advantages of a clear film overlay on the iPad screen? I understand the anti-glare aspect, but what of the clear glossy type? Does it offer some sort of protection? And from what? I don't think the screen is subject to scratching unless it's abused. The only thing that touches my screen are my fingers, sometimes my toes, and the inside cover of my folio case. I don't see a need for a screen protector. Am I missing something?

The screen can get scratched, and clear films offer basic scratch protection while keeping the picture quality of the screen in tact unlike the anti-glare films. It will not make the screen look sharper like someone mentioned though.

I don't get why this thread turned into a discussion about anti-glare vs clear film.. I just wanted to compare clear films only :mad: i guess the way i worded my question was confusing.

And if anyone was wondering, i ended up getting a power support clear film and i am extremely satisfied with it.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The reason I got an anti glare screen was because I could only see my face in the screen and not much of anything else (at least in bright sunlight). I am very pleased with the anti glare screen protector and the bonus feature of no finger prints was what sold me on it.

Most reactions

Latest posts