What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen colors all messed up

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This could be an hardware issue or with the display connector itself that's losing contact. I have stripped 100's of iPads to have damaged displays replaced. So far I haven't come across one with this issue. Will give this fix a try if I come cross one. ;)

jlane53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I grabbed my ipad while it was still connected to the charger and the screen was suddenly messed up. I tried turning it off, resetting it with no change. In frustration I smacked Ipad in the back and started working fine. Sometimes the caveman approach works.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I grabbed my ipad while it was still connected to the charger and the screen was suddenly messed up. I tried turning it off, resetting it with no change. In frustration I smacked Ipad in the back and started working fine. Sometimes the caveman approach works.
I call that the Fonzie Method!!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to move this to the Help Section--seems to be a more appropriate section for it now.

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Rmit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This also worked for me. I am amazed! I put the iPad upside down on my lap and it did not work. Then I held it up and slapped the back. It worked. So happy!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This also worked for me. I am amazed! I put the iPad upside down on my lap and it did not work. Then I held it up and slapped the back. It worked. So happy!

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I'm so glad that this fix has also helped you!

Thank you for posting!

Sweeney6536

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD WON'T TURN ON, / colors MESSED UP...

EVERYONE WHO IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM, whether the screen is totally black or the COLORS are totally messed up, no need to spend hundreds of dollars to repair or get a new one,.......just simply drop your ipad on the carpet (anything else the screen will crack.) Yes, purposely drop it (multiple times if need be) The colors will return to normal. Also tap it on the back until it turns on, or hold the off button and the bottom button at the same time. This NEVER fails. I have gotten oil, water, and hand sanitizer on this dear beloved thing, and I swear, my iPad is good as NEW! :eek:

Kitkat61277

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Omg, I can believe this worked! For me it took 2 tried of 3 bumps to get the job done. The first three got it mostly right and then the second set of three restored normal colors. He third whack is the magic one. One whack, nothing, second whack, nothing, thirds whack, woila. Absolute craziness.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's just wonderful how something so simple yet quite barbaric can fix our iPads.

So glad that this is helping so many when all seems lost! Enjoy!!

richpiotrowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To me this is a *** moment. After reading the first comment or two, I figured why not try it and no, it didn't work. :( Then I read the next three page of people saying over and over how it worked and tried it giving it a much firmer couple of slaps (like you would an old friend on their back) and sure enough... it worked! I still can't believe it did. Wow

Tyleraless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my goodness!!! Thank you soo much that worked like a charm!
I also turned on my iPad and the screen was totally messed up. Found this forum, took your advice and tapped the back of the iPad
And voila! Screen back to normal.

Amazing. Thanks again

Most reactions

Latest posts