What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen colors all messed up

pinkytpk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rainbow colors iPad display

Dear all, greatly appreciate for the priceless sharing to fix the display problem here. I am having the same problem yesterday. After read all the sharing here, I give it a try to drop my ipad2 flat on the carpet floor from about 40cm height, screen facing up with the ipad cover, once only, it's worked! Amazing! :eek:

Boater73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently experienced the same problem. After 2 chat sessions with Apple technicians they told me to send it in for repairs. My iPad is still under warranty. I received a call from Apple informing me they could not correct the colors and the next day I received a new iPad in the mail. When I turned it on the colors were messed up exactly like the one I sent in. I asked a friend who is a wiz at solving iPad problems and within a couple of hours he came up with the extremely simple solution. Settings>General>Accessibility and click on "Invert Colors." I can't believe Apple technicians were not aware of this simple solution.

ryerye9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son's screen is all messed up too...it was fine a few hours ago and it hadn't been dropped...I tried the slapping of it but it didn't fix it????any other suggestions...

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My son's screen is all messed up too...it was fine a few hours ago and it hadn't been dropped...I tried the slapping of it but it didn't fix it????any other suggestions...

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I would say that most of the iPads mentioned in this thread have not been dropped either but over time some things may be jarred loose. Have you checked to make sure that the feature to 'invert colours' hasn't been turned on inadvertently? Settings - General - Accessibility - invert colours.

Have you done a reset of your iPad? Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Which iPad do you have? I'm just trying to ascertain how old it is and if it would still be under warranty.

If it's not under warranty and this trick is not working for you then I'm afraid there are no other suggestions we have other than making an appointment with your nearest Apple Store and talking to them. They may offer you another iPad but at a cost, which is usually half of what you have paid for it.

That being said, if it is an old iPad, I would try slapping it again.....

asm9002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK. I'm skeptical about most things, but loathing the idea of waiting an hour to wait to talk to some smug, tatooed, plate-in-the-ear-wearing "genius" drove me to trying the ridiculous three taps to the back idea. Tried light, gentle and moderate. It freakin' worked! So thankful for this forum that I had to post.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wanted to register simply to say thank you! The 'gentle tap' solution worked perfectly. Much appreciated!
OK. I'm skeptical about most things, but loathing the idea of waiting an hour to wait to talk to some smug, tatooed, plate-in-the-ear-wearing "genius" drove me to trying the ridiculous three taps to the back idea. Tried light, gentle and moderate. It freakin' worked! So thankful for this forum that I had to post.

Hi to both of you and welcome to the Forum!

It's just great to hear that this simple solution worked for the both of you!

And thank you both for registering to tell us so!

This has really brightened my day! Welcome and thanks again!

flyingfish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

YES! YES! YES!! Unbelievable!!
The same to me: I looked at my iPad 1 as soon as out of the bed this morning and the colours were looking like a wrong setting of the video card/screen values on a 386 pc.
The iPad never dropped or was damaged in his life. Only 5 years of honorable service.
No reset or turn off/on several times worked.

Then I landed on this thread and, in front of a skeptical wife, with a very skeptical approach I clapped the back of the iPad three times: one (nothing), two (nothing), three (NEW iPAD!!!). Fixed! Unbelievable!

User who are reading this thread with an iPad messed up: turn on your video before doing this as you will have good stuff for youtube then. Unfortunately I didn't.

Thank you all guys, you made my day :))

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
YES! YES! YES!! Unbelievable!! The same to me: I looked at my iPad 1 as soon as out of the bed this morning and the colours were looking like a wrong setting of the video card/screen values on a 386 pc. The iPad never dropped or was damaged in his life. Only 5 years of honorable service. No reset or turn off/on several times worked. Then I landed on this thread and, in front of a skeptical wife, with a very skeptical approach I clapped the back of the iPad three times: one (nothing), two (nothing), three (NEW iPAD!!!). Fixed! Unbelievable! User who are reading this thread with an iPad messed up: turn on your video before doing this as you will have good stuff for youtube then. Unfortunately I didn't. Thank you all guys, you made my day :))

This is so nice for me to see when I opened IPF this morning!

I'm so glad it worked for you also!

And thank you for joining to tell us so! Enjoy!!

kuderstadt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know I did the same thing ~ googled 'colours messed up' and came upon this thread ~ so glad!!! I know my 8yo son dropped the iPad about 2 weeks ago (even in an otter box), and the colours had been off ever since. I have reset every setting I could think of and thought we'd just be stuck with a messed up iPad… and like everyone said, with no warranty and nothing to lose, 3 whacks on the back… did nothing. I did it again… and nothing. This time, I left it on (both previous times I had turned it off, hoping the colours would be right when I turned it back on…), and it worked!!! So the iPad has to be on, 3 good solid whacks and VOILA. Fixed. We would not have been able to replace the iPad at this time, so I am so very grateful to this forum and wanted to share that this does work.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know I did the same thing ~ googled 'colours messed up' and came upon this thread ~ so glad!!! I know my 8yo son dropped the iPad about 2 weeks ago (even in an otter box), and the colours had been off ever since. I have reset every setting I could think of and thought we'd just be stuck with a messed up iPad… and like everyone said, with no warranty and nothing to lose, 3 whacks on the back… did nothing. I did it again… and nothing. This time, I left it on (both previous times I had turned it off, hoping the colours would be right when I turned it back on…), and it worked!!! So the iPad has to be on, 3 good solid whacks and VOILA. Fixed. We would not have been able to replace the iPad at this time, so I am so very grateful to this forum and wanted to share that this does work.

Well that is great news!

This really is a great advice thread which just keeps on doing it's magic! I'm so glad it helped you!

A big thank you also for joining to let us know! Enjoy!

Ellierachael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just did this on my IPAD as I had same problem and it worked!! Over the moon... Thanks for the advice xx

Most reactions

Latest posts