What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari messing up

gza1105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey y'all

I got my new ipad 2 today and im new on this forum, i really need some help concerning the ipad's safari browser.. I'm member of different forums and i was getting on them on safari and when i wanted to reply to someone i would touch "reply" and the keyboard would come up and then safari would crach right away.. For some reason i can actually get on ipad forum but not other forums that i often visit.. Does anyone have an idea of what could be messing up my safari browser???? I already tried restoring but it didnt work

Thanks.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happened to me too.
A full reset on the iPAD, rectified the problem.
( I do a full iPad reset evry 1st of the month - I think it is a good practice - Cleaning the internal memory from possible leaks..)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, try restarting you iPad.

Hold down the power button until the red power off slider appears, slide it off. After the iPad finishes shutting down, hold the power button down again until the Apple logo appears.

If this does not help, it's probably the text editors being used for those sites. Try going to you options for those sites and see if they give you a choose of default text editors. Most do. Change the editor to something other than the WYSWYG one. HTML or Plain Text work well.

You might want to do the same for this site. While Safari works well enough with the extended editor, most of the third part browsers choke on it. Visit User CP, go to Edit Options, and all the way at the bottom change the editor to Standard.

Alternately you can get the iPF app (Discussion Forum for iPad). In some ways it's better than the site, and some ways not. I tend to switch back and forth depending on what I am doing.

Many other forums have iPad apps to access them. You can ask or look around on them to see if there is an app you can use instead of the site. TapaTalk can access many forums, including this one. Forum Runner is another one. The iPF app is based on Forum Runner.

Most reactions