What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro flashing and beeping

pd1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if any members have experienced the problems I am having with my ‘new’ (refurbished) iPad Pro that the Apple store at Carindale, Queensland, Australia gave me to replace the one purchased new from them.
The original brand new iPad started beeping and flashing aboit10 months after purchase. The sound was identical to that when i plug in my iPhone or iPad to charge it. The problem is the beep is repetitive - I guess around 3 or 4 times per second and the flashing is on the home screen where I enter my password. The time in the centre of the screen flashes, the charge level flashes and the ‘press home to unlock’ message at the bottom flashes - all in sync with the beeping.
This problem started on the replacement iPad within hours of getting it home.
The Identical problem on 2 iPads from the same Apple store. Very odd!
I reported the problem to Apple support who are very evasive when I ask them to replace the second faulty iPad. And Yes, I and the Apple people have done everything such as restore factory settings, full diagnostics test, etc, etc but the problem does not go away.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?
Peter

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There’s a Youtube video of this exact problem but I see where no solution was every found. It does seem odd that two iPad Pros have the same exact problem with the only difference being in how long the problem took to appear. Almost seems like some type of physical but non-obvious damage. Maybe where they store the devices at the Apple store is too hot or they have a disgruntled employee who takes out their issues on iPads.

Good luck in getting it resolved and I don’t know that I’d trust anything that came from that local Apple store.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There’s a Youtube video of this exact problem but I see where no solution was every found. It does seem odd that two iPad Pros have the same exact problem with the only difference being in how long the problem took to appear. Almost seems like some type of physical but non-obvious damage. Maybe where they store the devices at the Apple store is too hot or they have a disgruntled employee who takes out their issues on iPads.

Good luck in getting it resolved and I don’t know that I’d trust anything that came from that local Apple store.
Local Apple Stores do not refurbish ipads or any other Apple device. The OP was likely sold a defective device that had nothing to do with the store it was obtained from.

Wing rider

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, according to the OP it would be two devices, one new and one refurbed, that developed the same problem. A quick search does show a genuine Apple store at the aforementioned location that looks like your standard Genuis Bar. I don’t know whether or not Apple stores sell refurbed devices so I’ll take your word for it. I do know Apple does refurb them so it kinda makes sense that they’d sell them. I do agree that it seems like there are missing pieces of the puzzle and maybe the OP will elaborate.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, according to the OP it would be two devices, one new and one refurbed, that developed the same problem. A quick search does show a genuine Apple store at the aforementioned location that looks like your standard Genuis Bar. I don’t know whether or not Apple stores sell refurbed devices so I’ll take your word for it. I do know Apple does refurb them so it kinda makes sense that they’d sell them. I do agree that it seems like there are missing pieces of the puzzle and maybe the OP will elaborate.
While Apple doesn’t sell refurbished iPads directly at its Apple Stores, they are sometimes used as service replacements.

OP
P

pd1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Local Apple Stores do not refurbish ipads or any other Apple device. The OP was likely sold a defective device that had nothing to do with the store it was obtained from.

Thanks for your comments Wingrider and scifan57. I do not understand what is an OP as mentioned in scifan’s comment. Could you clarify please? But what what is really puzzling about my dealings with the store in question and Apple Support is: the store said they would replace my original faulty iPad Pro. Wow, I said, will it be a new one? Yes, they said, your iPad still under warranty and we do not replace problem items with a refurbished model. They said it would take 4 or 5 days to come in. I was OK with this, but within 2 days they advised me they had my replacement iPad. However, when the same problem happened with new iPad, I contacted the store and Apple Support, which led to endless and all too often, pointless dialogue. I was told by one Support person that my replacement ipad was in fact a refurbished item and she could tell this from the serial number on their records. I do not have a problem with a refurbished replacement, provided it works properly.
I really have no idea what is going on, other than I cannot use a $1,300 IPad because Apple is very reticent about replacing the second faulty iPad.
That’s why I asked if anybody has any what is going on at Apple regarding customer service. And I would welcome any ideas as to what I can do next. Peter

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments Wingrider and scifan57. I do not understand what is an OP as mentioned in scifan’s comment. Could you clarify please? But what what is really puzzling about my dealings with the store in question and Apple Support is: the store said they would replace my original faulty iPad Pro. Wow, I said, will it be a new one? Yes, they said, your iPad still under warranty and we do not replace problem items with a refurbished model. They said it would take 4 or 5 days to come in. I was OK with this, but within 2 days they advised me they had my replacement iPad. However, when the same problem happened with new iPad, I contacted the store and Apple Support, which led to endless and all too often, pointless dialogue. I was told by one Support person that my replacement ipad was in fact a refurbished item and she could tell this from the serial number on their records. I do not have a problem with a refurbished replacement, provided it works properly.
I really have no idea what is going on, other than I cannot use a $1,300 IPad because Apple is very reticent about replacing the second faulty iPad.
That’s why I asked if anybody has any what is going on at Apple regarding customer service. And I would welcome any ideas as to what I can do next. Peter
The term OP means the original poster; the person who started the thread, in this case you are the OP.
Is the Apple store willing to try to get another replacement iPad for you? Did you purchase AppleCare+ with your iPad? If so you have 2 years of free telephone technical support from the date of your original purchase. You could call and see what they can do for you.

OP
P

pd1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Appreciate your comments. I did not realise I am the OP in this instance. I’ve not had the need to do anything like this before so I’m not familiar with the terminology. Yes, we have Apple Care Support and have certainly kept them busy over the past week with many phone calls pleading for help. I think I might have to write to the person at the top of Apple with a full summary of what has happened and asking for a solution, because all I have now is an expensive but useless iPad that doesn’t work and nobody at Apple seems to care and will not give me a contact details for the head honcho. Cheers. Peter.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as your iPad is under warranty Apple is obligated to ensure that you end up with a fully functioning iPad, even if it takes several tries.

Ipadtipstricks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
ipodtips-tricks.blogspot.com
First ipad is under warranty than apple must replace it or you can go throught customer protection forum.
secondly apple store dont sell refurnish mobile iphone. So make sure you have proper bill to replace.
Now your beeping problem. It seems that some of needy hardware is not working or mal functioning, mainly display screen problem gives beeping sound you have mentioned.
EDITED - promoting own blog not allowed

Last edited by a moderator:

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you by any chance use a Smart Keyboard with your iPad Pro? This has in some cases been linked to the problem you are describing.

Most reactions

Latest posts