What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The real reason ipad does not have flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's pretty simple, apple doesn't want you to be able to stream tv or videos for free as that would hurt itunes movies and shows sales. Also they would not sell as many games because there are tons of free flash games. This is the main reason for not doing it because would you really buy shows if you could just use hulu for free. This whole excuse it kills the battery or takes up alot of memory is just crazy.

Anyway comcast might create an app that uses their xfinity site and that alone with be the best app ever for the ipad. It's like hulu but better no ads and you get to watch all the networks including hbo, showtime, cinemax, etc. Whatever you have at home pretty much.

It's so funny to hear people who really know nothing about the web talk about how html5 is better and flash will be history very soon. Ask any web designer if he thinks flash is going anywhere anytime soon. Apple will bring flash to the ipad when android picks up and people see their tablets running flash with no problem.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
You just have a crappy attitude and have to bitch about something new every day, don't you?

Funny, cause I stream off Vimeo, YouTube, NetFlix, Hulu+, my own media at home... And BBC soon too. And ABC. The list could keep going, but I think the point about streaming on the iPad has been made. But, how am I doing that without flash on the iPad? I must be in an alternate universe.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with you?

Why are you even on this site? All you do is complain and try to tell us the "truth" and "the real reason" behind everything.

Most Flash games don't work worth a crap on a touch screen anyways, since 90% of them use arrow keys and/or the mouse, they would be worthless on all touch devices. Unless you connect a bluetooth/USB mouse and keyboard up to it, and at that point, it might as well be a laptop.

OP
F

FatalDesain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You just have a crappy attitude and have to bitch about something new every day, don't you?

Funny, cause I stream off Vimeo, YouTube, NetFlix, Hulu+, my own media at home... And BBC soon too. And ABC. The list could keep going, but I think the point about streaming on the iPad has been made. But, how am I doing that without flash on the iPad? I must be in an alternate universe.

Dang dude did I break your apple heart, anyway just telling the truth I'm not complaining. Netflix, Hulu+ cost money so that's different you pay for that. And your home media has nothing to do with flash. Flash is a way to do and get stuff for free. Hulu alone would hurt itunes sales so much. Anyway I'm sorry just stating the facts so people don't argue how bad it is for performance ok. Calm down steve jobs is not god or mine at least, it's ok if he lies every once in a while. It's like he's lying to his kids for their benifit, make you feel like flash sucks.

Gemnilocs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and I wouldn't want have anything to do with comcast since they are trying to charge more for streaming Netflix..the Internet is supposed to be open and now they want to charge more for streaming videos because more and more people are streaming and getting rid of cable. it's been in the news the last few days because the FCC is voting on net neutrality soon.

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Odd, I watch Hulu just fine on the iPad.
Pretty soon I`ll be streaming it if I have the need.

It was obvious to me that Flash was a bloated unstable resource hog even back when I was a Windows user.

The irony is that I could never find a stable platform to run downloaded Flash content until I got on a Mac and installed Perian.

As for Comcast, I ditched them years ago for cable TV and just as soon as Verizon runs that FIOS cable down my street they`ll be totally out of my life.
Corrupt corporate asswipes for sure.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
The real lesson is this tard is nothing more than a troll. If you don't agree with him, you are all of a sudden a "fanboy". Why the he'll are you even posting on this site anymore?

FLASH discussions are just beating dead horses.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyway comcast might create an app that uses their xfinity site and that alone with be the best app ever for the ipad. It's like hulu but better no ads and you get to watch all the networks including hbo, showtime, cinemax, etc. Whatever you have at home pretty much

I just got the Xfinity app and I can now control my TV with my iPad, but I don't think you can watch shows on your iPad. Will there be another app?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think because of battery life and smoothe scrolling and a good user experience in Safari.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The real lesson is this tard is nothing more than a troll. If you don't agree with him, you are all of a sudden a "fanboy". Why the he'll are you even posting on this site anymore?

FLASH discussions are just beating dead horses.

It's funny how so many people complain about flash yet...wow iOS devices just keep flying off the shelves!;):D

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's pretty simple, apple doesn't want you to be able to stream tv or videos for free as that would hurt itunes movies and shows sales. Also they would not sell as many games because there are tons of free flash games. This is the main reason for not doing it because would you really buy shows if you could just use hulu for free. This whole excuse it kills the battery or takes up alot of memory is just crazy.

Anyway comcast might create an app that uses their xfinity site and that alone with be the best app ever for the ipad. It's like hulu but better no ads and you get to watch all the networks including hbo, showtime, cinemax, etc. Whatever you have at home pretty much.

It's so funny to hear people who really know nothing about the web talk about how html5 is better and flash will be history very soon. Ask any web designer if he thinks flash is going anywhere anytime soon. Apple will bring flash to the ipad when android picks up and people see their tablets running flash with no problem.

No, that's not the reason why. The reason why is Apple believes and rightfully so that Flash is an opportunity for attacks. Anybody who has Flash on their computer will tell you there's an update at least a month.

Now I don't know if that's a true statement or not, but your idea is strictly your opinion. As far as hulu and sites like that go, hulu doesn't want to be on mobile devices. You can't do it with Android which does have Flash. So you might want to check your research a bit before making statements like your OP. It does appear that you're looking to be argumentative instead of looking for a discussion.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I agree 100%.

Apple should change its name to Propitiatory. If they can't control it, they don't include it. To me, the iPad is useless for browsing the web without flash. I never use it for that.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We're about one more 'idiot' or 'tard' away from locking this thread and issuing some infractions for personal attacks.

Keep it civil.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's pretty simple, apple doesn't want you to be able to stream tv or videos for free as that would hurt itunes movies and shows sales.

We are all entitled to our opinions and I actually agree that this is at least one of the reasons. I don't know how much money Apple makes from iTunes and the AppStore but no doubt the amount is significant.

I think that this is behind some of the other self imposed restrictions (no SD card slot, no file system, limited streaming to Apple TV etc).

I couldn't give a toss about Flash, except that the lack of it means that there is a significant number of web sites that I would like to access but can't.

History will tell us whether competitive devices, with unrestricted functionality, quickly outsell the iPad. I think that this will be the case.

As for the argument the Apple must be doing something right, judging by their financial success, the IRS (ATO in Australia) pulls in plenty of money but we don't necessarily like their work :)).

I am amazed by the vitriolic responses to your suggestion by the way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts