What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad power issues

mikey_mike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, having a problem with iPad model A1475 and not charging. I've check cable & charger are all good and left it charging for hours. I've cleaned lightning socket but same problem. When I try to switch ipad on a get a battery icon with a single red flashing bar in the middle of the screen and the lightning connector icon at the bottom and that's it! I've tried holding power/home buttons to get it working but no luck. Plugged into computer running iTunes and nothing! Any ideas? If it's broken, is it repairable do you think and at what sort of cost? Many thanks!

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If your iPad won't charge when it's plugged into your computer's USB port, the cable might be bad.

OP
M

mikey_mike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, yes cable and charger are all good. Tried different ones on the ipad but same problem :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may want to take the charger, cable, and the iPad to an Apple Store Genius Bar for a full diagnostic. This will determine just what is causing your problem.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If the cable and charger are proven to work on other devices then it is possible debris/ damage in the lightning port (Check and clean with Compressed Air and Isopropyl Alcohol) or a Logic Board issue. You will likely need to look into a third party repair since the iPad Air is getting onto 5 years old and is likely out of warranty.
If you do have access to the Apple Store, take it there to confirm the issue but keep in mind that a reputable third party repair shop may be able to help you if the Apple Store says that it is unfixable.

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you plug in be sure the small lightning symbol in the upper right corner comes on. If it does not, unplug and try again.

Most reactions

Latest posts