What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad owners average age

What age group are iPad owners in?

• 15 and under

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • 16 - 24

Votes: 148 10.0%
  • 25 -35

Votes: 249 16.9%
  • 36 - 45

Votes: 312 21.2%
  • 46 - 55

Votes: 291 19.8%
  • over 55

Votes: 423 28.7%

• Total voters

rdharper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The graph is reflecting the demography of the US, skewed a bit on the high side since reading is a prerequisite.

I would suggest that ownership of an iPad is reflective of some other factor than age, or some combination of factors. I would like to think curiosity is one key factor.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The graph is reflecting the demography of the US, skewed a bit on the high side since reading is a prerequisite.

I would suggest that ownership of an iPad is reflective of some other factor than age, or some combination of factors. I would like to think curiosity is one key factor.
You can be as curious as you want, but without the ability to come up with at least $500.00, that curiosity won't do you any good! I would have to say that the people who can afford to buy an iPad for themselves are probably older, have better jobs and are probably better educated.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
37 and my wife is 36.... :D

I have more toys than the kids.....

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seventy-nine in December and I come to this forum to pick the brains of all you younger smart people,and believe me I have learned a lot,so much more than the owners manual.

keep on posting the tips.

Al.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seventy-nine in December and I come to this forum to pick the brains of all you younger smart people,and believe me I have learned a lot,so much more than the owners manual.

Al.
Hi Al,

Also from the St. Louis area!

I totally agree with the fact that when it comes to this new-fangled techno-stuff, these kids can show us a thing or two. On the other hand, I think some people are in such a rush to get their iPad up and running, that they don't even take the time to, as we used to say when I worked for Uncle Sam and wore an olive drab uniform, "RTFM!"

Here are some actual iPadForum questions (with the names removed!):

I got the 10W Power Adapter and one end goes into the a power outlet, what does the other end attach to? I don't have any plugs with that type of connection.

My rotation lock is apparently on. A lock icon appears in the upper right corner of my iPAD any my screen will not rotate. Can anyone tell me how to turn it off?

Apple259

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You can be as curious as you want, but without the ability to come up with at least $500.00, that curiosity won't do you any good! I would have to say that the people who can afford to buy an iPad for themselves are probably older, have better jobs and are probably better educated.

Hey, I'm 14 and I have one!

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Al.
Hi Al,

Also from the St. Louis area!

I totally agree with the fact that when it comes to this new-fangled techno-stuff, these kids can show us a thing or two. On the other hand, I think some people are in such a rush to get their iPad up and running, that they don't even take the time to, as we used to say when I worked for Uncle Sam and wore an olive drab uniform, "RTFM!"

Here are some actual iPadForum questions (with the names removed!):

I got the 10W Power Adapter and one end goes into the a power outlet, what does the other end attach to? I don't have any plugs with that type of connection.
My rotation lock is apparently on. A lock icon appears in the upper right corner of my iPAD any my screen will not rotate. Can anyone tell me how to turn it off?

Remember the term well, also the term FIGMO which one of the members is using..:D

Al from Hazelwood.

caubeck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience: between 25 and 35, probably because of the association with ebooks plus the cost.

Most reactions

Latest posts