What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad owners average age

What age group are iPad owners in?

• 15 and under

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • 16 - 24

Votes: 148 10.0%
  • 25 -35

Votes: 249 16.9%
  • 36 - 45

Votes: 312 21.2%
  • 46 - 55

Votes: 291 19.8%
  • over 55

Votes: 423 28.7%

• Total voters

UncleDannie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I was born in 1944, my 1st real computer was a TRS-80 from Tandy, I still have some parts to my Commodore-64, remember running all my programs in Basic, and have owned every edition of the iPhone. I bought an iPad 16GB last week and will get my new iPhone 4 on June 27. And iVan, I owned a '57 Chevy when it was new.

So you owned a new '57 Chevy when you were 13? I don't think so. ;-)

You're right. My Dad bought it when I was 13, but I learned to drive it and used it to qualify for my Calif Driving Test. I was wondering if someone was going to catch that error. Blast all you youngsters with your memories!

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I showed up for a group ATV ride from that forum and found out I was the old one. At 45 I was double most of the ages, and many couldn't even go to a bar yet. But here I'll enjoy being middle of the road to younger.

Great survey, and the results just keep getting better every day.

RayfieldNeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I showed up for a group ATV ride from that forum and found out I was the old one. At 45 I was double most of the ages,

It's the same for me at my WRX (car) forum. Sometimes I struggle to understand what some of them are saying, yo!

Technician99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am 48, I find most of my friends do not need assistance at all. We grew up through the technical revolution. My first calculator was a slide ruler, learned many assemble languages, then languages like FORTRAN, Pascal, C .... and if continues. Computer were huge things in universities and evolved to the iPad. One thing has been constant all these decades I have been and alway will be the geek that need the latest gadget.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well there are sure a lot of 'older' techies here, but I think the iPad brings to computing the same thing the iPhone brought to smart phones. And that is simplicity. I always tell people that my iPhone is the smart phone for dumb people :) But the iPad is the same way as the iPhone, you never have to think about how to do something, you just do it. (Hmmm, maybe there is something to the Nike/Apple relationship afterall....)

mamiamjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Generally speaking, I find that regardless of the number, the average age of any given iPad owner gets older every day ;)

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dang, I hate this. I just can't get used to being in the oldest demographic. :D I'm only 56. A couple of years ago I told the people in the AARP booth at the state fair I would sign their petitions if they would stop sending me stuff in the mail til I was at least 60. :p I got started much later with computers than I wanted to. My first computer was an Amstrad 64 that I bought in 1990 for $200 on clearance. Like the name said, it had a whopping 64k of memory, but it had a color monitor, two floppy drives and actually had a mouse (not a standard item in those days) that used a rudimentary GUI. Very proprietary box. I replaced one of the floppy drives with a huge 30 meg hd, and had to do some metal work to make it fit.

I haven't normally been an early adopter. As my kids would tell you, I tend toward the cheap side. I have built and/or upgraded computers far more than I have bought new ones, and I'm always looking for the least expensive way of doing things. That's part of why, prior to my iPad, I had never bought an Apple product. I kept hoping and waiting for a alternative slate/pad that I could buy instead of the Apple iPad, but was disappointed a number of times by reviews or delays etc. So I bit the bullet, amazed my family, and bought my iPad. And I am really enjoying it.

Mv350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just turned 20 last friday(18th) and ordered mine on the 20th :) wasnt planning on getting one, but got sucked into the apple store and fell in love with the thing

Most reactions

Latest posts