What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad owners average age

What age group are iPad owners in?

• 15 and under

Votes: 50 3.4%
  • 16 - 24

Votes: 148 10.0%
  • 25 -35

Votes: 249 16.9%
  • 36 - 45

Votes: 312 21.2%
  • 46 - 55

Votes: 291 19.8%
  • over 55

Votes: 423 28.7%

• Total voters

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow! I too thought everyone would be younger than I am....my iPad was an early 65th birthday present...less than a month away!

limey-g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I am 69 years young, love my new Ipad.
Got my first pc in 1978, where has the time gone ?
Geoff

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting poll. I too thought the average age would be much younger.
Go Baby Boomers!

Another interesting poll would be to see how many male & female users. Would it split 50/50 or?

CM

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was great progress when Geni and Compuserve eventually came around.

Compuslave, another fond (not) memory.

It is amazing how the age group is skewed to the older people, of course the younger ones are probably just too busy playing on their iPad to be on forums like this.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely stunned at the numbers right now. Even though I'm part of the 16-24 demographic....I wonder if it's because most people in this age group don't need to seek assistance on a forum?

charriga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think population being skewed towards older adults isn't due to us needing more help, but rather that 1) we can better afford an expensive toy and 2) younger people are more "on the go" and a pocket size device probably suits them better.

My teen wasn't impressed with the iPad. He always has his phone, and at home, he's got his computer and several game consoles in his room.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's true, many of the things I do on the iPad I see the younger people doing on a phone. I don't do that stuff on a phone because my eyes aren't good enough to see it on a phone, but the iPad is the perfect size.

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think population being skewed towards older adults isn't due to us needing more help, but rather that 1) we can better afford an expensive toy and 2) younger people are more "on the go" and a pocket size device probably suits them better.

My teen wasn't impressed with the iPad. He always has his phone, and at home, he's got his computer and several game consoles in his room.

I'm 24...my fiancée is 23, and we both have iPads, and iPhones. The iPads are for playing with at home, and the iPhones are for on the go. I don't consider an iPad a phone replacement though!

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely stunned at the numbers right now. Even though I'm part of the 16-24 demographic....I wonder if it's because most people in this age group don't need to seek assistance on a forum?

I don't think that's it. Most people here aren't really here to seek help, but to join a community of other iPad fans, and read up on what is new.

I think younger people may be on the go more, and be more content with their iPod touch or iPhone. Plus older people would tend to have a little more income.

I have two children with ipads, ages 19 and 28 and they would both tell you they just have better things to do than sitting reading a forum!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
"Originally Posted by FrostyFire
Absolutely stunned at the numbers right now. Even though I'm part of the 16-24 demographic....I wonder if it's because most people in this age group don't need to seek assistance on a forum?"

lol, heck it's us old timers helping the young ones!!! :D

FrostyFire

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I don't think that's it. Most people here aren't really here to seek help, but to join a community of other iPad fans, and read up on what is new.

I think younger people may be on the go more, and be more content with their iPod touch or iPhone. Plus older people would tend to have a little more income.

I have two children with ipads, ages 19 and 28 and they would both tell you they just have better things to do than sitting reading a forum!

*Cough* I think my fiancée would say the same thing....I guess it's different in my case. What else am I supposed to do at work? :D

RayfieldNeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, the demographic here is quite different than the car forum that I help to admin. I'm actually a youngster at 43 here. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts