What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mini Sales Soar

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad mini increased sales in December 2015.JPG

AppleInsider reports today on new figures from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (CIRP) that reveal that the iPad mini has seen a big surge in sales in the US, up from 32 to 47 percent year over year in December 2015 figures.

The figures also show that the iPad Air 2 was still the top-selling individual iPad model in the December quarter, but even so, both Air models currently on sale only amounted to 40 percent of units sold in comparison with the iPad mini.

Breaking the figures down further, the cheaper iPad mini 2, released in 2013, proved to be the most popular mini model, with the iPad mini 4, released last year, just behind it. The iPad mini 3 was a long way behind both of them, mainly due to it being basically an iPad mini 2 but with Touch ID and the gold color option thrown in.

The figures also show a healthy start for the newly released iPad Pro, despite the fact that even the entry-level model costs $799.

Source: Mini takes lead in US iPad sales as iPad Pro jumps in at 12 percent, survey data says

DrumsOfGrohl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a pretty big shock for me... What do you think cause Mini sales to go up so much?

Azuman85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't imagine??? I always thought of iPad pro and mini as more niche products compared to the original. It would be interesting to see what age group these minis were sold to. I wonder if parents are buying for kids as a gaming device??? Hmm

Azuman85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Certainly agree; all the iPad's on display are flocked by children playing games here in Tokyo; to the point where adults can't even try them out...

Most reactions