What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mini is really quiet

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if any one has experienced this problem. Even at full ringer and media volume my ipad is still extremely quiet; sometimes I can barely hear the unlock sound or siri.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering if any one has experienced this problem. Even at full ringer and media volume my ipad is still extremely quiet; sometimes I can barely hear the unlock sound or siri.

Hi HMA,

Thie problem you have outlined can happen to any iPad. It has happened to me from time to time, even though I reset the volume by using the rocker switch to the side of the iPad.

Have you checked your setting under sounds? You can set a default volume level with the slider at the top right of the screen. See this careen shot.....

image-1278087402.jpg

Now, I am going to move your thread to iPad help where you should get some other answers to your problem.

Lastly, I should mention that the volume problem hits some apps from time to time. It clears itself up after I have exited the affected apps a few times.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey all,

G'day HMA. Try this one, known to often help: Reset you iPad.

Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the white Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
HardMetalAlchemy

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I should have pointed out that I have reset my ipad and made adjustments to the volume via the settings tab, but the problem still persists. :/

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I should have pointed out that I have reset my ipad and made adjustments to the volume via the settings tab, but the problem still persists. :/

Hi HMA, you've followed Richard Brown's helpful advice above and also reset your iPad, with no result. Although it's not clear what else you have tried, the following suggestions may be worth trying, but that is it as far as my knowledge goes. See if any of this works.
*** With iPad in landscape mode, has the sound volume toggle switch been moved to complete silence?
*** Double click the home button and swipe the task bar to the right. Is the sound icon on or does it have a bar through it to show sound is closed?
*** System sounds will be muted if you slide the small (top left hand side in landscape) button which alternates with the screen orientation lock.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts