What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No audible notification on Incoming Facetime Call

OP
paulbartell

paulbartell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leelai - B I N G O!

With no organized method at all, I switched from LockRotation to Mute and back again in the settings. Each time I changed this setting, I made sure that the volume keys were used to move the volume to full and that there was no muting on in the control panel. This cleared the issue for me. The iPad now makes audible noises when its called for Facetime and it works properly whether or not the iPad is sleeping at the time.

Many Thanks to you all for pitching in on this. Gonna start a new thread in a minute and see if any of you can help me out of Apple Hell. This'll be a brainteaser for ya.

Thanks again… you've all been wonderful! Especially you twerppoet!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet -

It just keeps getting worse here… ever hear "No good deed goes unpunished?"

Im doing this all for an elderly friend, stroke victim. Turns out I cant get Reset all Settings to go because I don't know the "Restrictions Passcode", I doubt that he knows it either. Arrrgh!

If someone else set the iPad up for him, ask them. Hopefully they remember, or wrote it down.

This is why I recommend setting the Restriction code yourself, even if you don't need anything restricted. It keeps others from doing it for you. And don't forget to record it somewhere, preferably in a security app or safe place.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Leelai - B I N G O!

With no organized method at all, I switched from LockRotation to Mute and back again in the settings. Each time I changed this setting, I made sure that the volume keys were used to move the volume to full and that there was no muting on in the control panel. This cleared the issue for me. The iPad now makes audible noises when its called for Facetime and it works properly whether or not the iPad is sleeping at the time.

Many Thanks to you all for pitching in on this. Gonna start a new thread in a minute and see if any of you can help me out of Apple Hell. This'll be a brainteaser for ya.

Thanks again… you've all been wonderful! Especially you twerppoet!

Oh man. I forgot all about that one. Thanks Leelai!

Glad you got it fixed, Paul. The Reset All Settings should have worked, but Leelai's fix is much less trouble.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leelai - B I N G O! With no organized method at all, I switched from LockRotation to Mute and back again in the settings. Each time I changed this setting, I made sure that the volume keys were used to move the volume to full and that there was no muting on in the control panel. This cleared the issue for me. The iPad now makes audible noises when its called for Facetime and it works properly whether or not the iPad is sleeping at the time. Many Thanks to you all for pitching in on this. Gonna start a new thread in a minute and see if any of you can help me out of Apple Hell. This'll be a brainteaser for ya. Thanks again… you've all been wonderful! Especially you twerppoet!

Woohoo! Just glad you got it working again!

Some wonderful teamwork here everyone! Happy endings are the best!!

And thank you Twerppoet!! :)

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Leelai - B I N G O! With no organized method at all, I switched from LockRotation to Mute and back again in the settings. Each time I changed this setting, I made sure that the volume keys were used to move the volume to full and that there was no muting on in the control panel. This cleared the issue for me. The iPad now makes audible noises when its called for Facetime and it works properly whether or not the iPad is sleeping at the time. Many Thanks to you all for pitching in on this. Gonna start a new thread in a minute and see if any of you can help me out of Apple Hell. This'll be a brainteaser for ya. Thanks again… you've all been wonderful! Especially you twerppoet!

Yay! Glad its working again!

Most reactions

Latest posts