What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound on iPad

Elfita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amy, that is the exact symptom I had. You tube and iPod tunes work, but no game sound. Oh and earphones always work.

Check that the little slider switch next to the volume control. Red == mute.

Thanks a lot :) İ had the same problem and that little slider switch is the solution
When you choose mute in the setting that slider switch works as a sound mute
But when you choose lock smith this slider switch works as a lock for the screen

Elfita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I had no sound except through headphones. I went to Settings, General and checked the lock rotation instead of the mute button (which some lovely engineer decided would be my preference during some update). However, I STILL HAD NO SOUND. So, to my astonishment, I went back, checked the mute button in preferences, moved the physical button and got sound. Then I once again checked lock rotation and things are working now the way I WANT them to!

Hope that helps someone else as I expected unchecking the mute button in settings would have fixed the no sound problem

Thank you so much Gail! İt was really helped me :) that slider switch you said the physical button funtions as a mute control or rotation control, so we can change the function in the settings menu
Cool, thanks ;)

Sincere73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the response I was having the same problem and followed the post, this worked for me. I had no idea what that button was for. Now I now to watch out for it from now on. Thanks for the help I now have sound.

Rladouceur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clean pin # 21 with rubbing alcohol on some sort of small cloth that will fit. We scraped the pin clean with a needle then applied rubbing alcohol with a thin cloth and all is fine ...

This tip worked for me. A little rubbing alcohol and an eye brow brush cleared the green corrosion on the upside od the docking port. Don't know if this fix is permanent however, as I've had to repeat the process 3 times. I guess reading in the tub is a bad idea?

dkdiorio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YOU FIXED MY PROBLEM! thank you so much and I feel so stupid for having inadvertently switched this button. how easy!

Most reactions