What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Mini 2 wake/sleep not working with Apple Cover

fourlights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I purchased an Ipad Mini 2 (with the retina display) about a month ago and the wake/sleep function does not work on any of my covers. I have an official Apple Ipad mini cover and a third party cover, neither of which activate the lock/unlock function in my Settings. I've even tried pressing the magnet around the Ipad to try and activate it, but no luck.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have 90 days of free telephone technical support with the purchase of your iPad, why not give Apple a call?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Settings > Genreal > Reset > Reset All Settings will probably do the trick; but it will also default many of your other settings; and you'll go through part of the setup procedure again.

But it wont' delete anything, and it won't change your account settings.

Once you've done the reset, open and close the cover again, and check Settings > General for the Lock/Unlock switch.

Don't tap the Erase All Content and Settings by mistake. That does what it says, and is the last resort; only after making sure you've got a good backup and have saved important stuff to another location (as an extra precaution).

OP
F

fourlights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings > Genreal > Reset > Reset All Settings will probably do the trick; but it will also default many of your other settings; and you'll go through part of the setup procedure again.

But it wont' delete anything, and it won't change your account settings.

Once you've done the reset, open and close the cover again, and check Settings > General for the Lock/Unlock switch.

Don't tap the Erase All Content and Settings by mistake. That does what it says, and is the last resort; only after making sure you've got a good backup and have saved important stuff to another location (as an extra precaution).
I just tried this, unfortunately no luck. :( I might try restoring to a previous IOS version, or perhaps the Factory reset you mentioned? If all else fails, I may just give Apple a call. It just seems like such a hassle for such a small thing though, everything else works perfect as far as I'm aware. But I guess it bothers me enough to reach out for advice, lol.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only software version you're able to install is iOS 8.3, it's not possible to revert to a previous version.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At this point I'd go ahead and call Apple's Tech support. You might as well, and it may lead to a free replacement if that's needed. Be sure to have your serial number ready. They will need to confirm that your iPad is still under the original 90 day support umbrella.

Or, if an Apple Store is near by you can always get a Genius appointment and have them check it out. That's free too, though any repairs may cost. Though if it's hardware failure you should be covered under your warranty.

You can check the status of your coverage here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

Most reactions

Latest posts