What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleep/wake button not working

ritesh_akh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I require your help in fixing this issue with the sleep/wake button.

I have purchased this iPad 10 days back and all of a sudden today a problem has come up with the sleep/wake button. On pressing that button it is not locking the iPad neither it is locking on closing the smart cover.

Although if I press and hold the button it does give me the option to power off the iPad.

I have checked in the settings and smart cover lock is on.

I do not know how all of a sudden it started. Please advice..

Ritesh.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might be worth a reboot....turn the iPad off, press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears (6-9 seconds), the iPad will reboot. See if that fixes it. No apps or other user data are lost.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The reset that Tim described is the only thing I can think of, other than a restore.

Before you do that give it another try or two, and if it does not work call Apple Tech support. If you have only had the iPad for 10 days you are still within their 90 days of free tech support (no matter what retailer you bought it from). Might as well use it, and if they can't fix it they will probably replace your iPad.

adion

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem, have you solved yours?

Most reactions